Which Speedy 30 to buy?

glowingface

Oct 18, 2010
Recently picked a Neverfull MM (Damier Ebene Canvas). Its beautiful... I wish to buy a Speedy 30 in Canvas. Is Monogram pattern still liked by many? I have heard n read many people are over it.... Is Damier Azur a very High Maintenance color/print/pattern? DOes it makes any sense to have a speedy n Neverfull in same Damier Ebene print?

I am not a collector...so I know after this speedy, I won't be buying any more LVs...so curious to hear what you gals have to say....:smile:

hi! i have a speedy & nf gm in both mono & azur.. i also have a speedy in ebene & will buy the nf in the next couple of days!!! i love both types of these bags so i got them in each pattern!!!!!

The monogram print is iconic and will never go out of style. Since you already have a bag in the Damier Ebene print, I would go for the monogram print for the speedy if I were you. Monogram has to be babied a bit more than Damier Ebene because of the vachetta but will still look gorgeous for years and years. I've had my Mono Speedy 25 since 2005 and used it almost every day for quite a few years and it still looks great! Hope that helps! Let us know which you decide- you can't go wrong either way but IMO, it would be nice to have one in a different pattern and the Monogram is a classic, especially for a Speedy (another classic in its own!)!

I agree with Stina Lee. Go for the monogram print. I have lots of pieces in DE (NF MM, speedy, pochette and mini pochette) and I've discovered that you can't go wrong with monogram and DE in your collection. They're classics and you don't need to baby the vachetta, but just be aware of it when it rains of if you've just applied lotion ;)

I personally am not yet a fan of Damier Azur... It just hasn't grown on me yet as I feel it's quite summer/spring looking. But that's just me.

I would get the mono speedy. Mono speedy 30 was my first LV and still my favorite "go to" bag. Though a lot of people have it and many have their opinions about it, buy what you love. The speedy b is also a great bag!

I personally would get the one that matches what you wear mostly. Mono goes w/ everything. But if you wear a lot of blacks, browns or reds get the Ebene. If your wardrobe is very summery w/ light colors ie. whites, grays, pinks get the Azur.

I can't wait to see or read what you get.