Which Speedy 30 to buy?

I have a 30 in Mono and a 25 in Azur. I would gladly recommend either of those patterns, since you already have a DE. :smile:

Personally, I think Mono is classic and goes well with everything, while Azure is really fun. My Azure is not high maintenance at all. It hasn't gotten color transfer, and doesn't even look bad with patina if they darken evenly and nicely.

I have mono and damier ebene. Damier ebene is more "carefree". I use it in the snow, rain, etc without a worry! It's so convenient.

With that being said, mono is so beautiful. I love the mono speedy bc it's so classic. It will always be "in" bc it's iconic.

My vote, mono.

I own speedy in 25 and 30 in mono and 35 in DE. Have not carried the DE yet but I have to say that even though I am very careful, because the speedy is a handheld bag, it is impossible to keep the handles pristine. If this bothers you as it does me, I think the DE is a better choice.

BTW, I have have been tempted and asked my SA about azur speedy so many times that she probably thinks I have dementia- she keeps telling me that it is not for someone who is fussy and is going to get upset with color transfer and the canvas looking dingy plus the vachetta.

Majority of you all say MONO...but surprisingly if found in one thread, "which designer bag you won't buy" many people said LV and any type of Monogram pattern...

I personally love LV and many other brands as well... We still have time to make a decision...... Thank you all so much for suggesting! Keep them coming!
That's so strange so many people wouldn't buy LV monogram.
Audrey Hepburn carried the monogram speedy and so to me it will always be iconic.
=)

i have three speedy 35's in mono damier azure and damier ebene.... which is basically the same thing but only 5cms larger... and IMHO, i think that damier ebene is the best as it is discreet (unlike mono where it screams out LV) and not high maintenence (azure with the white canvas and patina on top), damier ebene has brown treated leather, meaning that you can hang the lock on the end tab without the hole sagging over time like the mono and also there would be no patina meaning if you live in an area with cold climates you can use it in the snow, whereas the mono and definately the azure you cannot do... and with the damier ebene its an all season bag which goes with everything, but with the damier azure its mainly a summer bag... since you already have the NF in Damier ebene, why dont you match it with a damier ebene speedy 30, no fuss, no hassle with all the patina and color transfer problems with the damier azure and none of those asking is that a real LV questions on the mono speedy...

and with you question of 'is mono going out of favor by tPFs?' well to answer your question NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! the mono speedy 30 is a classic bag which will never go out of fashion, no matter what era we are in it goes with anything and everything... we are just fed up with people on the streets constantly saying our bags are fake and what not over little things such as patina or the LVs being upside down, etc (that is in my case it happens a lot)

good luck on deciding on your next LV purchase and i will assure you this will not be you penultimate LV purchase... you will eventually need a pochette, a cles, a wallet to go with you bags!!! then hahah you will be like all of us in that LV trap.... ;)
wow. I didn't ask the original question but your response was helpful for me too!