Which sneakers for my husband?

Pebli

Aug 17, 2014
So our anniversary is coming up and I wanted to get him some sneakers. Which do you like better? He doesn't mind logos so I think it might be nice for him to have something mono since the rest of his collection is damier, but I really like the other pair as well. Please help! Thanks :smile: Screenshot_20170316-155144.png Screenshot_20170316-154836.png

Pebli

Aug 17, 2014
Oh cool, we don't have to go through a 3rd party image hosting site anymore? Yay!

Redenkeew

O.G.
Jun 15, 2008
North Pole
They are two very obviously different choices. One being an understated luxury, casual and versatile. You can wear it day and night as it's essentially a pair of black sneakers. The other in Monogram Savane is a bit more flashy, a bit more special, but it's still easy to wear because of the navy.

Personally, I'd go with the Savane as it's more fun. For a pair of basic, classic black sneakers, I'd just go with other brands that are slightly better on the wallet like Lanvin because we all know LV shoes are a bit more expensive and I personally don't think the 1st pair is special enough.

Reactions: lizaariani59

Pebli

Aug 17, 2014
They are two very obviously different choices. One being an understated luxury, casual and versatile. You can wear it day and night as it's essentially a pair of black sneakers. The other in Monogram Savane is a bit more flashy, a bit more special, but it's still easy to wear because of the navy.

Personally, I'd go with the Savane as it's more fun. For a pair of basic, classic black sneakers, I'd just go with other brands that are slightly better on the wallet like Lanvin because we all know LV shoes are a bit more expensive and I personally don't think the 1st pair is special enough.
Thanks, you make very good points. Plus he has a pair of converse which look rather similar to the first pair I posted! Despite being casual, I wouldn't want him wearing these all the time anyway as to not wear them out too quickly, so I think you're right in saying I should go for the more "special" pair.

Pebli

Aug 17, 2014
Even though I have mono myself, I just worry it's a bit too flashy sometimes but they're my own feelings, not his.

Redenkeew

O.G.
Jun 15, 2008
North Pole
Thanks, you make very good points. Plus he has a pair of converse which look rather similar to the first pair I posted! Despite being casual, I wouldn't want him wearing these all the time anyway as to not wear them out too quickly, so I think you're right in saying I should go for the more "special" pair.
Only if it suits his aesthetic and style. If this gift isn't a surprise, maybe let him try both on and see with one works best with his overall everyday outfit. Good luck! :smile:

sayakayumi

Aphrodite A
O.G.
Jul 18, 2010
I like the second pair, yes a little more flashy but they look really cool :cool: gld!

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
I much prefer the first pair. :P They seem super comfy and more worryfree than the second pair (that smooth leather is calling for scratches!)

But then again, I only like monogram on bags, small leather goods, and luggage. I don't find monogram on clothing, belts, or shoes appealing at all.

ultravisitor

Dec 9, 2016
As a guy very into sneakers, I would say neither. I don't like the ankle detail on the first pair. The idea of the second pair is nice, but something about the execution is off.

Christofle

O.G.
Apr 21, 2011
Montreal
Would he be okay with wearing such conspicuously branded shoes? I know it's an issue with some people, which might be something to consider.