Which size to get for new Cerf-Style Portobello ?

gingerale

O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
Hello ladies, i need some advice from those who have seen the new Portobello (not the bag in bag but the Cerf Style). I'm debating about size to get. I like the small but already have a cerf tote. Do you think it would be too similiar or shall i get it in grey instead of black ? Is it too shallow ? The large size also looks cute after seeing the pics here so now I'm torn between the sizes and colours. Has anyone seen the grey in small in IRL ?

Thanks for the advice !

purse-nality

SemiKindCharmedLife
O.G.
Nov 7, 2007
haven't seen irl, but definitely you should try it out 1st at the store and feel which size would be more convenient for you...

personally though, i think the small is just right. large might be too bulky for shoulder-carry, more so, big to carry hand-held or elbow-crook? the inner compartments are also enough to hold your everyday essentials, imo. well, unless you need that a big bag then go large.

also, i don't think its that similar to a cerf, as the porto is quilted/srtuctured, looks edgier, more casual... the gray is simply divine!

here's ssc's large brown...
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/new-large-portobello-is-here-in-brown-494198.html

mylilsnowy

O.G.
Mar 30, 2007
I have seen it IRL and tried both. The large is too big for me so i plan to buy the small grey ones.

Cari284

Jul 9, 2009
Europe
I think the large looks pretty good! It's a beautiful bag! But I think the small ones look great as well! Good luck!

gingerale

O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
Thanks for everyone's comments. Unfortunately I cant see this IRL as the local store has sold out of the small and not bringing in the large. I did see the fall bag-in-bag portobello. Do you think the cerf style portobello is made from the same distressed leather as the bag-in-bag. I didnt likel the new leathers at all and it looked very wrinkled and as someone said it looked like the leather has melted at the bottom !

Can someone comment on this ?