Which size Rolex?? Help me decide....

pjlatte

Oct 31, 2010
Pj
DH is getting me my second Rolex. I know I want it in two tone SS/YG, domed bezel with oyster bracelet. I just can't decide for the life of me if I should stick with midsize 31mm or go with men's size 36mm. I am leaning toward the men's size but don't want to look silly wearing it either. I have pretty small wrist 5.5", 5 foot tall. Your honest opinion is greatly appreciated.

Here's with my midsize 31mm

Here's with DH's Men's size 36mm

chanel-girl

Cartier Love
Jun 24, 2007
I'm your height, my wrist is 4 3/4" and I have a midsize and think the size is perfect. I have tried the 36mm and I def prefer the midsize on me. I LOVE the midsize on you! I love the 36mm Men's size on average sized wrists but on you I think the midsize fits your wrist a bit better but but you could also go with the 36mm...how does it feel on?

pjlatte

Oct 31, 2010
Pj
Thank you all for your honest opinion. It looks like most of you like the midsize better. I love my midsize but some days, it looks tiny bit too small :huh:

I love men's size on Reese Witherspoon, I just don't know if I can pull it off. I guess I have more thinking to do... :thinking:

tosh

O.G.
Jun 19, 2007
I vote for the 31mm also.
It looks great on your wrist, not too big or too small.

Ice_cold

Jan 16, 2008
I prefer size 31mm on small wrists.

But I feel 36mm alsos looks good on you.

If you already have a 31mm go for a change and get 36.

Good Luck !

chanel-girl

Cartier Love
Jun 24, 2007
Thank you all for your honest opinion. It looks like most of you like the midsize better. I love my midsize but some days, it looks tiny bit too small :huh:

I love men's size on Reese Witherspoon, I just don't know if I can pull it off. I guess I have more thinking to do... :thinking:

Hmm I don't think Reese's looks big on her at all and her wrist looks pretty small...It is funny how what you are used to looking at can change how you feel about the size...For years I had the new style lady size and I thought that looked pretty chunky (it was compared to 24mm watch I wore for years) Then started looking at Midsizes and over time my lady size started looking very petite! I think because you are looking at DH's 36mm all the time it makes the Midsize seem small in comparison. You can definitely pull off the 36mm, if you like the size on you, that is really all that matters.

Kathd

Jan 23, 2011
In Wonderland
How about a 34 mm?

I prefer the look of the 31 mm over the 36 mm on your wrists, but maybe a 34 can be a nice compromise?

My wrists have the same size as yours, and I recently bought the 31 mm. I did try on a 34 though and I also liked how it looked. [I went with the 31 mm because the dial I wanted was not available in 34 (and DH liked the 31 better on my wrist).]