Which size cape cod watch?

Jinsun

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I know this has been discussed in a few threads. I have a size 17 love bracelet. Not exactly sure what my wrist is measuring at the moment. I'm going to purchase it online. I can't decide between the pm or mm.

I've never seen it in person and no boutique near me. Also I have no idea if there are issue with this watch.

I currently own
Chopard happy sport smallest size
Cartier ballon bleu small
Michele sport sail

I'm just itching to purchase something. I've had this on my mind for a few weeks. Or a pair of the small vca perlee hoops but I own so many gold and diamond hoops. I don't have anything that looks like the perlee tho.

Should I get the watch or something else? If so, which size??? Tia!

footloose

O.G.
Oct 27, 2008
I dont own a cape cod watch but i love the style too, i think you should go for it! The watches you have now are dressier, the cape cod is more casual and quite a distinct look i think (especially with a dbl tour strap).

I would buy the watch over the VC&A hoops as i think the watch would have more impact on your appearance, ie, its a more noticeable accessory.

As for size im not too sure, i personally like the pm but many like larger size watches. If you like the cartier bb in small (another watch i love!) then id suggest the pm. And with a dbl tour strap it still has a bit of impact :smile:

Good luck, please post mod shots of whatever you decide to get!

lulilu

O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
iiving the dream
I have the large cape cod. I get tons of compliments on it. The double tour bracelet makes a big difference as well. A statement piece.

Jinsun

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I dont own a cape cod watch but i love the style too, i think you should go for it! The watches you have now are dressier, the cape cod is more casual and quite a distinct look i think (especially with a dbl tour strap).

I would buy the watch over the VC&A hoops as i think the watch would have more impact on your appearance, ie, its a more noticeable accessory.

As for size im not too sure, i personally like the pm but many like larger size watches. If you like the cartier bb in small (another watch i love!) then id suggest the pm. And with a dbl tour strap it still has a bit of impact :smile:

Good luck, please post mod shots of whatever you decide to get!
Your are right, much more impact than a pair of hoops

Jinsun

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Anyone know how the PM compares to cartier tank francaise in the ladies small size? If its smaller I may lean more towards the MM. Thanks

antheakate

Nov 6, 2011
I just purchased the cape cod pm with double tour strap in barenia and also black! Love it!
The gm has the date on it though, which could be helpful

Fabfashion

O.G.
Feb 18, 2010
Canada
I think it depends on whether you'd like the look of a smaller ladylike watch or a larger more sporty/casual size. Sounds like your watches are smaller so if you feel a need to change it up a little, then try a larger Cape Cod--it's still not too big. My Love bracelet is a 16 but I don't find the large Cape Cod too big but then I do wear watches both large and small.

Jinsun

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Thank you all for your feedback. Birkin10600 that's a lovely stack. Gosh, I just can't decide. Other than my michele watch, my husband pick the others out for me. After seeing a larger size ballon bleu I had doubts but I'm glad I got the smaller one as it seems more dressier and the larger more casual.

But for the cape cod, I do like the pm, it looks daintier. But I'm not too sure what look I want to go for. I wish there was a boutique near me to try them on and decide. I'll just need to see more wrist shots.