Which should I go for: Birkin 25 or Birkin 30?

Hi,

I’m in the market for a new Birkin. I know I want Togo, black with SHW, but I can’t decide on the size. I already have an B35 in etoupe with SHW, and I love it but it is big and heavy! I know that smaller bags are the trend right now, and I do love them. I’m only 5’2”, so I think either size will work for me. But is the 25 too small? I’ve never seen one in person to know. Can you wear the 25 on your arm or are the straps too short? And which do you think is a better investment long term? I do plan to use the bag a lot, not just for evenings. Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Crazy story, I SO my B25 before ever seeing one in person. My philosophy is trying every size before adding a new one to my collection. I'm on your boat, my first was a B35 which is too heavy then I got the B30 and I thought that was perfect. Until I got my B25 and I use that a lot more than my B30, which suddenly it feels way too big like a B35 again.

I think it all depends on your lifestyle. B30 is really the best all around bag and if you plan to use it daily, I think its perfect. Personally, I am more of a Kelly girl and I think the usability is much easier than a Birkin. Which is why when it comes to Birkin, I love the size 25 because its perfect for what I need, a good size handheld bag. It's not for everyone tho. I would suggest trying the 30 before 25!

I'm 5'0. When I was deciding on my B, I always thought B25 would be best for me. Everyone around me said the same thing. Until I was in a consignment shop and tried both B25 and B30. In an instant, I knew it would be B30 for me. The B25 just felt awkward. I could barely get it up my arm. B30 just felt right. So I went to FSH Paris and found my B30 Noir PHW last year. :smile:

I intend to get a K25 in the future for a smaller option.

My advice is to try it on in person. We can make all the plans and discuss it for months... and just one try in person will tell you immediately if it's right for you. :heart:

I’m 5’1” and my preference is 30. My black B is my workhorse. The size is more versatile. I usually carry it opened with business casual wear during the day, but mostly closed up in the evening.

Reactions: keodi
I'm 5'0, and I have a b25 black togo with PHW. It holds my daily essentials. I dont like heavy bags, and b30 is heavier than b25. If possible, try both and see which one works better for you!

I'm 5'0. When I was deciding on my B, I always thought B25 would be best for me. Everyone around me said the same thing. Until I was in a consignment shop and tried both B25 and B30. In an instant, I knew it would be B30 for me. The B25 just felt awkward. I could barely get it up my arm. B30 just felt right. So I went to FSH Paris and found my B30 Noir PHW last year. :smile:

I intend to get a K25 in the future for a smaller option.

My advice is to try it on in person. We can make all the plans and discuss it for months... and just one try in person will tell you immediately if it's right for you. :heart:

You look stunning.

I am 5’3 and I prefer k25 and b30. I found b30 looks big in pictures but not so in real life.
I am also a kelly girl, and 25 looks great cross body, I do need to purchase extra strap though.

Reactions: keodi
I have been hunting a B30 in perfect leather/color/hardware combination for years and now I get an offer on B25. I have never tried B25 but my friend says B30 looks like a working bag on me and I intend to use it for afternoon tea (which I do frequently), formal parties and night events only. For reference, I’m 5’2”, should I go with B25? I don’t wanna miss that combination.

I have been hunting a B30 in perfect leather/color/hardware combination for years and now I get an offer on B25. I have never tried B25 but my friend says B30 looks like a working bag on me and I intend to use it for afternoon tea (which I do frequently), formal parties and night events only. For reference, I’m 5’2”, should I go with B25? I don’t wanna miss that combination.
Why cant you just go and try that b25?see if it suit you

Reactions: PJW5813