Which shoe for fall!?

With the ysl espadrille specifically? Or just that type of shoe?

Nearly all espadrilles are produced by castañer under license. But yes not specifically YSL. The rope sole is very comfortable but isn’t particularly durable.

“Today, the Castañer factory, founded in 1927, creates luxury, high-heeled espadrilles for 15 designer labels, including Lanvin, Hermès and Christian Louboutin, and it crafts its own collections for 17 Castañer boutiques in Spain, France and Japan”

Reactions: JenJBS
Nearly all espadrilles are produced by castañer under license. But yes not specifically YSL. The rope sole is very comfortable but isn’t particularly durable.

“Today, the Castañer factory, founded in 1927, creates luxury, high-heeled espadrilles for 15 designer labels, including Lanvin, Hermès and Christian Louboutin, and it crafts its own collections for 17 Castañer boutiques in Spain, France and Japan”

Thanks! I almost purchased a pair of sandal espadrilles from them during the Net-A-Porter sale.
Now that I know they create nearly all of them I may find a less expensive version just to try at some point.
Thanks!

Thanks! I almost purchased a pair of sandal espadrilles from them during the Net-A-Porter sale.
Now that I know they create nearly all of them I may find a less expensive version just to try at some point.
Thanks!

The main difference between the designer ones and the regular castaner ones is that the designer ones tend to offer more interesting uppers.

I just took a look at the current women’s offerings and they seem to be mostly canvas and in a snooze fest colour palette.

Men’s had both leather and suede options and this suede one is calling my name.

A118549B-1445-4079-A969-A5B016008D28.jpeg

Reactions: JenJBS

Unfortunately, the Castaner pair that I own had sub-standard quality, the jute has loosen and end is sticking out. A tiny hole appearing on my toe area too.

I’m sure designer quality is way better.

Unfortunately, the Castaner pair that I own had sub-standard quality, the jute has loosen and end is sticking out. A tiny hole appearing on my toe area too.

I’m sure designer quality is way better.

Chanel, YSL, Hermes and Castañer all use the same jute. It isn't a particularly durable material and is a "peasant" shoe for all intents and purposes. They are comfortable and light weight but are prone to the issues that you mentioned above.