Which one do you prefer?

• Shirt Shopping Bag (left)

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Shirt Hobo Bag (right)

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

dessertdays

Jul 7, 2020
I've been eyeing Tod's bags for a while and have been drawn partly because they've had bags in this light blue color which has, in my opinion, the perfect all-year-round undertone. Finally got to go to a store to try on the Shirt bags and am torn between the two styles - which one would you go for and why?

Both bags are in the smallest size available and the SA said she can order in the Shopping Bag in blue if that's what I decide to get.

(Left: Shirt Shopping Bag in mini, Right: Shirt Hobo Bag in small)

20210625_175239.jpg

Ania

O.G.
Jun 15, 2007
London
I love Tod’s, their pieces are very well made, classic and well priced for the quality. I voted for the hobo because I like the shape and the clean lines. I got the Oboe bag a few months back which is a similar shape and I find it very versatile - I wear it on the shoulder, on the croon of my elbow and hand-held. The only drawback of the Shirt hobo for me is the snap closure which is not my favourite

Reactions: dessertdays

dessertdays

Jul 7, 2020
I love Tod’s, their pieces are very well made, classic and well priced for the quality. I voted for the hobo because I like the shape and the clean lines. I got the Oboe bag a few months back which is a similar shape and I find it very versatile - I wear it on the shoulder, on the croon of my elbow and hand-held. The only drawback of the Shirt hobo for me is the snap closure which is not my favourite
Thank you! Good point about the Shirt hobo having cleaner lines since I tend to care about that kind of stuff...

How are you liking the Oboe so far (especially as a shoulder bag) and which size did you get it in? They also have that in the light blue color now so it might be worth it for me to take a look

Reactions: Ania

Ania

O.G.
Jun 15, 2007
London
Thank you! Good point about the Shirt hobo having cleaner lines since I tend to care about that kind of stuff...

How are you liking the Oboe so far (especially as a shoulder bag) and which size did you get it in? They also have that in the light blue color now so it might be worth it for me to take a look
I *think* I have the medium size but it may be the small size… definitely not the large - that one is enormous. I can’t find the receipt and Tod’a also seems to have had a price increase as I paid £1200 for mine back in April the spring but now the small is £1300 and the medium £1550 - so can’t even check that way!
Regardless of the size, I do really like it. It’s light, sits well on the shoulder and fits a lot without getting bulky. I often have issues with bag straps sliding off my shoulders but the Oboe doesn’t do it. Definitely check it on it if you are going to the store. I recently saw a lady on the street with what I think was the mini size and that looked really nice as well - smaller than mine but still sizeable enough to fit everything you need.

Mentha

O.G.
Nov 10, 2008
I love tods, Great quality. Agree, the blue one has cleaner lines but depends on how you prefer wearing them short or long strap/handheld.

dessertdays

Jul 7, 2020
Thanks everyone!

All the points about the cleaner lines got me looking around and realized that other colors that weren't these two looked cleaner for some reason. I realized that Tod's used contrast stitching for the blue and the tan Shirt bags, which isn't the case for most of the other colors the bags are currently in.

After realizing that, I decided to hold off and wait for Tod's to release one of these bags in a color I love that doesn't have contrast stitching, but noting it here in case someone who's looking for info about this bag cares about this kind of stuff :smile:

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
Thanks everyone!

All the points about the cleaner lines got me looking around and realized that other colors that weren't these two looked cleaner for some reason. I realized that Tod's used contrast stitching for the blue and the tan Shirt bags, which isn't the case for most of the other colors the bags are currently in.

After realizing that, I decided to hold off and wait for Tod's to release one of these bags in a color I love that doesn't have contrast stitching, but noting it here in case someone who's looking for info about this bag cares about this kind of stuff :smile:
sounds like a good decision. I don't much care for contrast stitching either. Love Tods quality. I've had several of their bags but the last of them was rehomed recently.
You're a patient person :smile:

babypanda

O.G.
Dec 30, 2009
I *think* I have the medium size but it may be the small size… definitely not the large - that one is enormous. I can’t find the receipt and Tod’a also seems to have had a price increase as I paid £1200 for mine back in April the spring but now the small is £1300 and the medium £1550 - so can’t even check that way!
Regardless of the size, I do really like it. It’s light, sits well on the shoulder and fits a lot without getting bulky. I often have issues with bag straps sliding off my shoulders but the Oboe doesn’t do it. Definitely check it on it if you are going to the store. I recently saw a lady on the street with what I think was the mini size and that looked really nice as well - smaller than mine but still sizeable enough to fit everything you need.
Hi. Would you mind sharing some pictures and mod shots of your shirt hobo bag?

babypanda

O.G.
Dec 30, 2009
I would love to see some photos too! I’m thinking of this or the puzzle bag in tan
I went to the store and finally tried on the bag in several colors. To be honest I was underwhelmed by the leather and stitching and lost my interest. I still think it’s a cool looking bag but with so many options out there for this price I would chose something that wows me more.
If I could recommend a choice between the 2 you listed definitely go for Loewe. The craftsmanship is superior in my opinion. Here are some pix for reference (size small)

Attachments