Which shade of red is this?

Can you please tell me what shade of red this Kelly is? And what type of leather is it? Is it a nice bright red in real? The serial no. is H. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• DSC0995655.jpg
    DSC0995655.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 77
Vermillion has orange undertones whilst Garrance has blue. Hence, the former would look brighter than the latter.

I would say the colour you see here is quite true to life.

Sorry, can't find a pic of vermillion vs garance, but hope this vermillion vs rouge sheds some light... (courtesy of a fellow PFer :biggrin: cheers!)

Attachments

• Hermes Vermillion (chevre mysore) vs Rouge (chevre de coromandel).jpg
    Hermes Vermillion (chevre mysore) vs Rouge (chevre de coromandel).jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 57
fanbran, did you check the reference thread on colors? You might find useful photos there, also, doing a search...I seem to recall some members previously posting several reds together but I may not be right about this. The darker red above is rouge H.

My guess is vermillion too. Too much orange to be Vif for sure - could be garrance if the lighting is off, but I'm sticking with vermillion...a very warm, orange red - like tomato soup. LOL!

There are pics of all the reds side by side somewhere.

The lighting looks alright to me with "no flash" or under "yellow lighting". It looks like vermillion on my screen. There's a post posted by perlerare where she describes the different reds in the exact form.