Which shade of red is this?

F

fanbran

Can you please tell me what shade of red this Kelly is? And what type of leather is it? Is it a nice bright red in real? The serial no. is H. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

F

fanbran

Is the bag in real a bright red as in the picture? What is the difference between this red and the garance? thanks!

ms piggy

special breed
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
Vermillion has orange undertones whilst Garrance has blue. Hence, the former would look brighter than the latter.

I would say the colour you see here is quite true to life.

F

fanbran

Does anyone have a comparison picture of vermillion and garance? Sorry for the trouble :P

Pepper

Raisinette
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 12, 2006
fanbran, did you check the reference thread on colors? You might find useful photos there, also, doing a search...I seem to recall some members previously posting several reds together but I may not be right about this. The darker red above is rouge H.

irishlass1029

*sigh*
O.G.
Aug 30, 2008
Indiana
My guess is vermillion too. Too much orange to be Vif for sure - could be garrance if the lighting is off, but I'm sticking with vermillion...a very warm, orange red - like tomato soup. LOL!

There are pics of all the reds side by side somewhere.

IFFAH

"..."
Jan 22, 2006
The lighting looks alright to me with "no flash" or under "yellow lighting". It looks like vermillion on my screen. There's a post posted by perlerare where she describes the different reds in the exact form.