Which Selma messenger for travelling? Mini vs Medium

Mar 24, 2012
Hi guys,

Just want an opinion from you guys as I can't decide which Selma messenger to get. I don't have a Michael Kors stockist near me, so won't be able to go and try on the sizes. Basically, my main motivation for getting the Selma messenger is that I would like a stylish, lightweight cross body bag to wear when I go on vacation in a few months that is also able to carry my main essentials: iPhone, compact camera, a few cards, slim coin purse (LV key cles), sunglasses (without the case) and perhaps a pack of tissues and mints.

I definitely don't want to worry about having sore shoulders from walking around all day with a big, heavy bag. The other small cross body I am planning to bring is my LV Eva clutch which not only fits the aforementioned items but is also very lightweight. However, because the Eva clutch is in the Monogram print, its vachetta leather makes it not very ideal for use in wet weather conditions. Plus I want a second small cross body for a bit of variety :P

Sorry for the wordy post. If anyone has any pics on what the mini and/or medium can carry that would be great! Also I'd like to hear your pros and cons.

Cheers,
J

My medium is able to fit all this. Basically everything mentioned that you wanted to carry. :smile:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1401377169.254179.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1401377169.254179.jpg
    909.7 KB · Views: 397
  • ImageUploadedByPurseForum1401377211.725128.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1401377211.725128.jpg
    750.9 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone. As much as the mini is cute and adorable, I think I am leaning towards the medium messenger. A Selma messenger reveal is on the horizon soon, me thinks.

I have both sizes and I would def say the medium for travel. You can fit alot in that little bugger! When I use the mini my RL sunglasses case takes up most of the bag so that doesn't work for me cause I HAVE to have my sunnies! Nice thing about the messengers is they can double as clutches too and you can shorten or lengthen the strap for shoulder or crossbody wear. Ahhh this makes me want to get another! lol

Thanks for the replies everyone. As much as the mini is cute and adorable, I think I am leaning towards the medium messenger. A Selma messenger reveal is on the horizon soon, me thinks.

Can't wait to see which color you choose! I've been wanting a dark dune medium Selma messenger, but I haven't found it at any store near me yet! I've only seen the mini at Nordstrom.