Scarves Which scarf format/material is your favourite?

What is your favourite H scarf size and type to wear?

• 90 x 90 silk

Votes: 53 35.6%
  • 140 x 140 cashmere/silk (CGSM)

Votes: 90 60.4%
  • 140 x 140 silk

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Giant triangle

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Twilly or Maxi Twilly

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Losanges

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Stoles/Mufflers

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 70 x 70 silk

Votes: 21 14.1%
  • 45 x 45 silk

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Anything mousseline

Votes: 14 9.4%

• Total voters
In a very tiny minority with plisse (it didn’t even make the poll), especially with a contrast hem. I wish they were still in production. I find them easier to wear than any other format. My dream would be to have a plisse and a flat carre, in different colorways, of all my favorite designs.
I was reading online and came across this website. Seems like she was able to send her scarf to Paris and they turned the scarf into a plisse. Not sure if it's still a service that's offered, but maybe you can ask? http://naomipicks.blogspot.com/2014/04/my-first-hermes-scarf-les-cles-keys-90.html

I have many 90s, but I actually voted for CSGMs, which I wear almost year round, and 45s, because they are so cute and fun, and the price doesn't hurt much when I need a pick-me-up. I'm wearing them a lot now that it's hot. For me, both these formats are "throw on" whereas the 90s make me stop and think about a suitable knot.
Out of curiosity, how do you wear your 45s? I feel 90s are so formal and recently purchased a 45, but I'm not sure how to wear it!

Reactions: momasaurus
My first scarf was a 90 silk, but I only wore it with business attire. My next scarf was a 140 CS and I found that this format was so easy to wear in cooler/cold weather. Since then I've collected more 140 CS > 90s and have found that I reach for the 140s all the time in the fall/winter. However, since it's warm where I live now, the 140 CS are too warm and I'm still trying to figure out how to wear 90s more casually. I also just purchased my first 140 silk, 45, and twilly but haven't figured out how to fit it into my wardrobe. However, maybe that's because most of my outfits are so casual now because we're mostly staying in! :lol:

For me 140s. CSGM or mousseline. I find the 140 silk too warm for where I live in summer, and harder to keep clean than a mousseline (which I can generally spot clean if needed)

Reactions: keodi
Out of curiosity, how do you wear your 45s? I feel 90s are so formal and recently purchased a 45, but I'm not sure how to wear it!
I am pretty lazy, so my current favorite way is: fold in half diagonally, slip a ring on it, tie in back. The ring keeps all the silk away from your neck and you can adjust it easily to show color, design, whatever.
They are also cute in a bias fold, then just tie in front or back or to the side. The silk will be close to your neck. Enjoy!

I am pretty lazy, so my current favorite way is: fold in half diagonally, slip a ring on it, tie in back. The ring keeps all the silk away from your neck and you can adjust it easily to show color, design, whatever.
They are also cute in a bias fold, then just tie in front or back or to the side. The silk will be close to your neck. Enjoy!
Thanks! I’ll play around with your suggestions - just hope it matches my super casual style these days! :biggrin:

Reactions: momasaurus
I choose the 90cm and anything mousseline - cheating a bit there because anything moussie means a 45cm, a 90cm, the stoles, and 140cm - woot!
I find the 90cm very versatile - it can be worn loosely or tighter against your neck and can be casual or dressy.
My 3rd choice would be 45cm - I love those cuties!

Last edited:
Reactions: keodi
My answer to this question probably depends on when I was asked. Since Covid, I have been mostly wearing my 70s- which I love because they are a bit more casual, soft, less fabric to get in the way, and often in brighter and more whimsical designs.
my all time favorite format is ANYTHING MOUSSELINE And now that the weather is warming up I have started to wear these again. Before Covid, I definitely wore 90s more often than any other format. also Over half my collection are 90s. In the winter months I wear my CSGMs a lot, and even in the first weeks of SIP I was reaching for these to keep warm hanging around the house.

My first H scarf which I got at FSH was actually a 140 silk which I loved and wore quite a bit. Then I started to branch out with the 90, CGSM, maxi twilly and bought another 140 silk - all from the big sale they had in Toronto a few years ago. The second 140 silk I got was so much thinner than my first and I totally fell out of love with it because it didn't stay in the knots and kept slipping out of my scarf ring. Someone told me it might be because the second one was a "summer silk" and my first was a "fall silk" - I guess that makes sense but I never asked my SA if this was true or not.... Sorry for the longwinded story but I guess for me the 140 is love/hate from my own experience.