Which rose gold Elsa Peretti necklace looks nicer on me?

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
I have been looking for a classic rose gold necklace that works well on my skin tone. Most I've tried blend right in with my coloring but I realized I needed a thicker more substantial piece such as these. I wear yellow gold everyday and would love some variety. My boyfriend said he would buy me a Tiffany necklace for Christmas but I still can't decide which looks nicer, although I am leaning toward the tear drop. I have an old sterling silver bean from 15 years ago or so and it seems as if that one looks more like a bean than this newer RG version. Am I crazy? lol.

Anyway this is the 12mm tear drop and the 9mm bean. I tried the 12mm bean but I felt it was too big in that shape and looked less a bean than the 9mm size. Does anyone have both the tear drop and bean and wear one more than the other?

Thanks for the help :smile:

I really appreciate everyone's opinions. When I wrote this thread I was having my sterling silver bean cleaned as I have not worn it in probably 12-15 years (lol seriously, just not fond of ss anymore), but I got it back today and actually it's bigger than the RG 9mm. I guess it's the 12mm but I never realized it. To me it was always just a small bean. I do agree that that larger size looks better now.

I saw the tear drop today and did a double take as I did not realize what it was at first glance but my first thought was it did remind me of a bean. Maybe I am a minority with this one but thinking a tear drop would symbolize mourning and not a celebration with BF. JMHO.

I have been looking for a classic rose gold necklace that works well on my skin tone. Most I've tried blend right in with my coloring but I realized I needed a thicker more substantial piece such as these. I wear yellow gold everyday and would love some variety. My boyfriend said he would buy me a Tiffany necklace for Christmas but I still can't decide which looks nicer, although I am leaning toward the tear drop. I have an old sterling silver bean from 15 years ago or so and it seems as if that one looks more like a bean than this newer RG version. Am I crazy? lol.

Anyway this is the 12mm tear drop and the 9mm bean. I tried the 12mm bean but I felt it was too big in that shape and looked less a bean than the 9mm size. Does anyone have both the tear drop and bean and wear one more than the other?

Thanks for the help :smile:

I prefer the teardrop on you :smile: