Which rive gauche did I just buy?

lionlaw

Jul 13, 2007
Yes, this is another one of my infamous what the heck did I buy threads. :P A random SA called me today with a rive gauche bag on sale 60% off so it came to $900 down from $2000+. He described it as a crinckled texture rive gauche in black. So I was thinking like a JC wet look patent, but he said it wasn't patent but textured. :confused1: I am a little lost as to what this could be. I looked in the reference library but didn't see a crinkled non-patent? He said it was a really cool texture- like flecks of crinkles?

Anyone have a clue? Is this a dud?

Thanks! I guess that must be it, but he said it wasn't patent?

Does anyone here have this texture in real life or has anyone seen it? Is it cheap looking?

Hi Lionlaw! Even though Bluefly describes that bag as patent, YSL doesn't. Here it is properly described on mytheresa: http://www.mytheresa.com/shop/product.php?productid=4471&cat=61&page=1&currency_code=USD

I stopped by my local saks off fifth outlet because someone had posted that the outlets got bags direct from ysl. My local outlet had 2 of this bag. I'm sorry to say I was taken aback by how cheesy it looked. The texture reminded me exactly of roofing shingle. I had been tempted to buy this bag from shirise and was so very glad I hadn't. Let us know what you think when you get it.

can i ask a dumb question? what's SA? i tried googling it, but there are ninety thousand acronyms that come up with that name!

i assume it's some kind of personal shopper? how do i get one?!

What's weird is that I like this black volcano texture in the Besace but in the RG, there is virtually no leather visible between the crackles. In the other thread that Cosmo posted, there is a difference between how the texture looks on the Besace and the RG.