Which ring should I keep?

loriw

O.G.
Jan 13, 2006
I know they are totally different but I should only keep one so I thought I would get opinions. The one on the left is a rosé gold band with a rhodolite garnet in a crown setting with a couple small chocolate and white diamonds. Ring on the right is a tanzanite surrounded by small white and chocolate diamonds. Both are by LeVian. Thanks and I'm leaning towards the garnet

They are very different and both are beautiful, but I think the first one is more unique and I think I would go for this one. But of course it depends on you, your taste and style :smile: Hope it helps a little bit.

What a pretty predicament! I think it depends on how often you want to wear them... Tanzanite is a bit softer than garnet, so it will be prone to more scratches. I think this will be increased because the halo is set much lower, and the stone is raised above, whereas the garnet looks a bit more protected by the rounded prongs.

Me too. Tanzanites are becoming more rare thus more valuable in the years to come but I guess you dont buy jewelery thinking of the resale value right?

I love the garnet ring style and do have a soft spot for them because its my birthstone.

I had a beautiful right hand tanzanite diamond ring I bought as a 21st gift to myself... within 2 years of wearing it and being relatively careful with it, the stone value wise diminished basically into worthlessness. It's a VERY soft stone. To the eye a stone will look fine but when you look through a scope they will wear very badly. I loved tanzanite but now I'd say go for the garnet. Unless you were going to wear this occassionally then the tanzanite.

cupoftea91 said:
Me too. Tanzanites are becoming more rare thus more valuable in the years to come but I guess you dont buy jewelery thinking of the resale value right?

I love the garnet ring style and do have a soft spot for them because its my birthstone.

I'm also partial to garnet- my birthstone too. Either is a beautiful choice.