Which ring should I keep?

loriw

O.G.
Jan 13, 2006
I know they are totally different but I should only keep one so I thought I would get opinions. The one on the left is a rosé gold band with a rhodolite garnet in a crown setting with a couple small chocolate and white diamonds. Ring on the right is a tanzanite surrounded by small white and chocolate diamonds. Both are by LeVian. Thanks and I'm leaning towards the garnet

karo

O.G.
Sep 5, 2006
They are very different and both are beautiful, but I think the first one is more unique and I think I would go for this one. But of course it depends on you, your taste and style :smile: Hope it helps a little bit.

AndieAbroad

UK via AUS and USA
Dec 1, 2012
What a pretty predicament! I think it depends on how often you want to wear them... Tanzanite is a bit softer than garnet, so it will be prone to more scratches. I think this will be increased because the halo is set much lower, and the stone is raised above, whereas the garnet looks a bit more protected by the rounded prongs.

cupoftea91

Dec 21, 2011
Australia
Me too. Tanzanites are becoming more rare thus more valuable in the years to come but I guess you dont buy jewelery thinking of the resale value right?

I love the garnet ring style and do have a soft spot for them because its my birthstone.

LVoeletters

only the best
Aug 13, 2011
constant state of wanting sparkle
I had a beautiful right hand tanzanite diamond ring I bought as a 21st gift to myself... within 2 years of wearing it and being relatively careful with it, the stone value wise diminished basically into worthlessness. It's a VERY soft stone. To the eye a stone will look fine but when you look through a scope they will wear very badly. I loved tanzanite but now I'd say go for the garnet. Unless you were going to wear this occassionally then the tanzanite.

MyDogTink

O.G.
Nov 18, 2009
New York
cupoftea91 said:
Me too. Tanzanites are becoming more rare thus more valuable in the years to come but I guess you dont buy jewelery thinking of the resale value right?

I love the garnet ring style and do have a soft spot for them because its my birthstone.
I'm also partial to garnet- my birthstone too. Either is a beautiful choice.