Which purse?!

amozo

Nov 3, 2015
I'm having a very hard time trying to decide between the chain around messenger in black (large size, old medium size), the chain around maxi in black or a bright coral or yellow patent leather mini classic flap. Totally different choices, but I just can't choose one. Help!
e2fbfe4acaa378827f5fef9edd0f7389.jpg
2b4c3d9ece3ee9ed1735d549dbc1e6c5.jpg
2c987f3664b1f7a60d416d4570ecf1ec.jpg

Only had the mini size at my local Chanel, but here is me with the CAMessenger

c2981359cb6d75a59cdb6375ed7cb448.jpg

Choices, choices.....Do you prefer a shoulder bag or do you like a crossbody? Was there one bag you really wanted but then you went into the boutique and got confused? Sometimes it helps if you mention what you already own....I don't have any of the chain around but I know many love them. I found them to be a bit on the heavy side.

Not everyone needs an everyday bag, so it depends if you want a fun pop of color etc....we need more details.:smile:

I would say I like shoulder bags and cross bodies pretty evenly. I own two jumbos in caviar (one black ghw and one cobalt blue rhw) I don't own any larger bags from the chain around collection, but I've loved the maxi since I saw it a few years ago in 2013. I am wondering if the CAMaxi is too boxy, trendy and/or heavy and thinking of the CAM messenger for a smaller and better priced bag. I love the shape of it too, but worry the strap is just too long. I own one seasonal lambskin black chain around mini ghw, but typically stick to bigger bags so I don't have to struggle with a small space. The coral/yellow mini would be used less often, but I love the pop of color. I've heard patent might have problem with getting finger prints on it though. Hmmm.

Mini! It looked very nice on you in your pic! Personally, I'm not sure about the chain around. I know I'd tire of the bag sooner vs later and I felt it did nothing special for you style-wise. As others mentioned, it really boils down to what's in your current collection and what your bag " needs" are.

Last edited:
Okay, so I have narrowed it down to the Chain Around Maxi and the Coral mini. They are SO different that I don't even know how to compare. I wish someone could just drop $8k on my door so I could have both :roflmfao:. I really like the idea of using the CAM as my workhorse bag. I use my Chanel Classic Flap Jumbo for work and it is honestly too fancy at times and I feel like I need to baby that bag more, so I wanted one that I could use more frequently without having to worry about babying it at all. BUT I do also have a seasonal glazed black calfskin tote with rhw chains and a gold rustic hardware on the boy closure clasp, this I wear to work a lot and it holds a ton while still being a lightweight bag. The mini would just get a lot less use than the Maxi. Do you know which one is harder to come by/which sells out more? Mini classic flaps in bright colors or the chain around maxi?