Which purple downtown - embossed croc or patent?

Yikkie

Avid Purse Lover!
O.G.
May 26, 2008
I am looking to purchase my first downtown bag and I'd like it in a bold, fun and purplish colour that makes a fashion statement. I came across two viable options - croc embossed and patent. I was at first quite drawn to the patent but then I thought the croc embossed one may stand out more. I read on some threads that croc embossed material is nubuck/suede? Does it make it hard to care for? Would it look dated at all?

I've found two pics to post as reference. Appreciate all feedback! :smile:

Attachments

• Downtown Croc Embossed.jpg
    Downtown Croc Embossed.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 213
  • Downtown patent.jpg
    Downtown patent.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 156
Wow ! I love the both :heart:
Purple is one of my favorite color. It's feminine, chic and perfect to illuminate an everyday outfit.
I am a "suede girl" : i have a croc embossed Muse II and a lizard embossed DT, so i would go for the croc embossed for sure !
But patent is very pratical for rainy days ... It's hard to make a choice !

I love suede as much as Jujuto, and am not a big fan of patent at all.

But, I did buy medium patent Downtown a week ago because of all my bags being suede, nappa and ssitive colours, I ended up having nothing that is weather resistant.

Nubuck, however, is a very resistant to dirt. I have gray besace in nubuck and after 2 years it does not show any wear. It is easy to clean simple dirt with eraser :smile:)) I just have never experimented with rain although I sprayed it against the rain.

So, the wather decided for me, as well as the need for a stylish looking work-horse tote to not think about at all. Cosmo, whoo adores YSL patent assured me that YSL patent is forever, and easy to maintain. I actually went for small patent catwalk right before this big tote, to see if it has an intense shine, but it is grainy leather with patent, so it is more matte than usual patent. Your purple from the photo is like that as well (because there is a glossy patent in croc embossed version, and that leather is a nightmare - fingerprints showing....)

Oh this is a tough one. I think the croc embossed looks a little more special but the patent is a lot more practical for daily use.

You can't go wrong with either choice....they are both stunning!

I have both embossed croc and patent. While I love my patent bags, there is something about the depth and texture of the embossed croc:graucho:

I find the croc embossed to be much more visually intriguing, and the color has more depth to it. But the patent is certainly more user-friendly. If it were up to me, I would go with the croc. It's really lovely. :biggrin: