Which pricing should I pay - re. Ready PO order in 2008

bbbochap

O.G.
Dec 12, 2005
Ladies, I have a situation in my hands right now.

I hve a bag ready for collection in Paris since Dec 2008.

I did not have the bag ship to me as I was supposed to go Paris next month for work.

I had called Paris earlier in Dec & they said they will hold the bag for me.

I offered to pay for the bag 1st, however the lady said it was not necessary & I can just pay for it when I pick it up.

Now here is the problem -

Yesterday, I received a reminder letter from Hermes about my bag & it has the new 2009 pricing stated on the letter.

Question - Does this mean I am subjected to the new pricing when I pick up my bag? (mandatory?)

It is about EUR1000+ difference (2008 vs 2009 pricing) so I am quite disturbed by this.

I was hoping that I can somehow still obtain the bag at 2008 price since it was offered to me originally at that price.

Do you think it will be possible???

Anyone that has any inkling, please assist.

I do not want to call Hermes Paris about this new letter I received as I fear they will want me to pay the new price once I acknowledge I got the new price letter.

TIA!!!

That is what I think also. Maybe if you say that you were told the 2008 pricing they maybe ok with that. BUT the problem maybe that Hermes will say, yes, we contacted you last year and you did not pick it up, if you had you would have been charged the 2008 price, because you are collecting - your choice, in 2009, the 2009 price is payable.

I would personally go in and see what they charge you, maybe smile and be innocent.

mooks & sammyjoe - thanks for your input.

i just called paris hermes earlier & posed an enquiry about procedure of payment if I wanted to have the bag shipped to my country.

i asked if the amount stated on my 2008 dec letter was correct, she paused for awhile & said to let her double check, & later confirmed that YES, i cld pay what was quoted on my 2008 letter. (i did not mention abt receiving the new letter)

Ladies, if you were me - what do you think all this means? Does it mean they will charge me based on 2008 price OR this is really a grey area that I am messing around with?

I have 2 options now -

1. Since now they acknowledge that I can pay 2008 price, should I just opt for them to ship to my country - I save EUR$1000 in price difference. But in return, i have to pay the shipping & tax duty (which will est. be EUR$800+).
OR
2. take the chance & pick it up in Paris?

I think I'd get it shipped too because I've even known people put things on hold and in the meantime there be an increase and they were charged the new price

There is a chance that when they are putting through the bag, you will be charged the new price and it will be the cashier and not the SA that will be charging the card. But worth trying though. Good luck.

They will scan the bar code thingy when ringing it up at the cashier, so it is likely that the new price would be programmed into the system and you would have to pay the new price. I have had to pay new prices even when the old price was the one displayed, simply because the system says so. This would happen whether you pick it up in person and get it shipped, so pick it up and avoid shipping and GST.

ladies, thanks for your advice.

based on you ladies feedback - it appears that i am stuck with a 2009 price tag. not exactly the news I was hoping to hear.

i am alittle upset with myself right now - for not getting the bag when i could in dec'08. i assumed the better that hermes would charge me the price as quoted on the letter when i picked it up later, i also assumed that hermes would not increase prices this year due to the bad economy. i should have clarified with the paris office when i called in dec instead of making an ass of myself right now. :sad:

roxane - are you saying that if i faxed payment to paris right now, on their end, they would still ring up 2009 price & charged it on my card? is that what you experienced prev.?

roxane - are you saying that if i faxed payment to paris right now, on their end, they would still ring up 2009 price & charged it on my card? is that what you experienced prev.?

Sorry, can't help you there. Never experienced a price change with Paris. But I have been to boutiques where the old price tag was on, but I had to pay the new price at the cashier when the price tag was scanned. I know that Paris scans their price tags as well, probably for inventory purposes, amongst other things, so if the new price is programmed into the system, you might have to end up paying that. But I cannot say for sure.

you should get it shipped and I doubt your calculation of EUR$800 for shipping your bag, I shipped mine from Hermes only for EUR$117, insured and express already. You can get an air-ticket for EUR$800

roxane, thanks for clarifying. I understand what you are saying.

pretty99 - EUR$800 is shipping + my local country tax duty I have to pay when it arrives in my country. I see tt you are in HK, which is tax free thus you only paid shipping fee.