Which pattern would you go for the double? DA,DE or Mono?

ToriVega

Aug 27, 2012
Assuming that you already have one Azur,Ebene and Mono bag. IF you would buy your last bag for a while ( ban ) in which pattern would it be? Azur, Ebene or Mono? Which of your bags would you want to get a sister? and if you ladies mind, why? Thank you! :P

EDIT:

its basically like this. I want to see how my collection looks like.

Damier Ebene- It will bring up the history and the past. Ebene started it all. Its the first pattern and one of the originals. Its the 2nd most classic and one of the most understated lines thats also known to be worry free. Its very sophisticated. But I question its abilities of boosting up the fun, life and diversity into any louis vuitton collection.

Damier AZUR- It will bring the life to any LV collection. It will make it look fresh, new. Its really refreshing and will always make you feel that everyday, its spring. Its not as common as Mono and Ebene and its the line that is contemporary. Its very young and breezy. But its not all that, its very sophisticated, sleek and clean at the same time. But my first worry is, I question its status if its a trendy/"it" line or a classic and iconic line. Its too new that its just something fun and has a blank history? Is it the twisted ebene? This is just my honest feel about it. Plus alot complain about it being a line to baby because of patina, color transfer etc. But this line is the most beautiful out of all the canvases.

Monogram- Legendary, iconic, timeless and long lasting. This pattern has lived a legend. It has a beautiful history. At a glance, I can think about its past. Its very symbolic. It mainly represents Louis Vuitton's great heritage and legacy. It also signifies the brands great craftsmanship and artistry. It is also the main sign of the brands everlasting luxury and sophistication. But sometimes, too much monogram can get boring in some closets. I feel that. Its a mystery if it can make an LV collection dull, alive or more iconic for me. I wont know if having more Monograms can make it iconic or boring. Or maybe, monogram overloaded.

Last edited:
Assuming that you already have one Azur,Ebene and Mono bag. IF you would buy your last bag for a while ( ban ) in which pattern would it be? Azur, Ebene or Mono? Which of your bags would you want to get a sister? and if you ladies mind, why? Thank you! :P

In print wise. Im all about carefree, no hassle, no fuss, basicly use and abuse. I prefer DE so im biased lol i have more DE in my collection then mono and Azur. It just goes with my lifestyle habits :smile: lol

DE Speedy B 30. I have Mono Speedy 35!

In print wise. Im all about carefree, no hassle, no fuss, basicly use and abuse. I prefer DE so im biased lol i have more DE in my collection then mono and Azur. It just goes with my lifestyle habits :smile: lol

Damier Ebene- It will bring up the history and the past. Ebene started it all. Its the first pattern and one of the originals. Its the 2nd most classic and one of the most understated lines thats also known to be worry free. Its very sophisticated. But I question its abilities of boosting up the fun, life and diversity into any louis vuitton collection.

Damier AZUR- It will bring the life to any LV collection. It will make it look fresh, new. Its really refreshing and will always make you feel that everyday, its spring. Its not as common as Mono and Ebene and its the line that is contemporary. Its very young and breezy. But its not all that, its very sophisticated, sleek and clean at the same time. But my first worry is, I question its status if its a trendy/"it" line or a classic and iconic line. Its too new that its just something fun and has a blank history? Is it the twisted ebene? This is just my honest feel about it. Plus alot complain about it being a line to baby because of patina, color transfer etc. But this line is the most beautiful out of all the canvases.

Monogram- Legendary, iconic, timeless and long lasting. This pattern has lived a legend. It has a beautiful history. At a glance, I can think about its past. Its very symbolic. It mainly represents Louis Vuitton's great heritage and legacy. It also signifies the brands great craftsmanship and artistry. It is also the main sign of the brands everlasting luxury and sophistication. But sometimes, too much monogram can get boring in some closets. I feel that. Its a mystery if it can make an LV collection dull, alive or more iconic for me. I wont know if having more Monograms can make it iconic or boring. Or maybe, monogram overloaded.

Sorry for the long reply. I should have added this to the main post or thread starter post. Thanks for understading.

Sorry for the long reply. I should have added this to the main post or thread starter post. Thanks for understading.

What bag are you interested in? It depends on which bags you have and what canvas you have them in.
Maybe if you listed your collection that would help.
BTW, your edit was beautifully written and exactly how I feel about each. Good job!!

Personally, the print also depends on the design of the bag. The DE looks great and you can use it under all kinds of weather. But I also have a few Mono pieces...Mono is very iconic. Azur is fresh...as long as there isn't too much vachetta. I would actually like to own at least one small Azur item because it's very pretty.

Overall, I think it depends on what you already have in your collection and what you will use the bag for. If you want subtle and durable, then go for DE. A fresh look...then DA. Timelessness...for me it is the Mono. HTH!

Personally, the print also depends on the design of the bag. The DE looks great and you can use it under all kinds of weather. But I also have a few Mono pieces...Mono is very iconic. Azur is fresh...as long as there isn't too much vachetta. I would actually like to own at least one small Azur item because it's very pretty.

Overall, I think it depends on what you already have in your collection and what you will use the bag for. If you want subtle and durable, then go for DE. A fresh look...then DA. Timelessness...for me it is the Mono. HTH!

neverfull pm ebene
speedy 35 bandouliere mono

im already set for the speedy B or Totally in azur this year, i dont know what next year. the 4th and last one would be just another usual everyday bag..... yeah exactly ... im so torn between these three. please help me! =)

neverfull pm ebene
speedy 35 bandouliere mono

im already set for the speedy B or Totally in azur this year, i dont know what next year. the 4th and last one would be just another usual everyday bag..... yeah exactly ... im so torn between these three. please help me! =)

Get the totally in azur! I looks great IRL and will round out your collection :smile:

If only looking at canvas, I'd say DE, though I would say something epi and black really rounds out a collection. Or maybe mon mono would add some pop.

REALQuestion is, what bags are in your current collection? An what type of bag are you looking for at the moment? Are you shoulder, hand held, or crossbody?

I would think about getting vernis or epi if I were you. That would achieve the diversity you are looking for. If you are set in canvas, I would choose based on the look of the bag. For e.g,, I prefer a speedy in mono, but I prefer the alma in de, so it just depends...