Which outfit should i wear?

I try the best I can and try to think like I am in your situation . Of course I will prefer to look great . Exemple when I am traveling always wanna have my best clothes with me , what if some day my baggage is missing . One time that was happen , what If I will never have back ....so lets try think this way . Like whatever will happen you cant have your amazing staff back .

Ok back to the topic . I remember you have a amazing body , so I am sure you will look great in all outfits . I prefer Jovani and CL but I am thinking like ....maybe amazing Pucci is chiffon one and JC sandals .... great outfit , also you will still look amazing and this one possible can be less ruined . Water can do less demage to sandals . I will not take a bag with me ....you dont have to worry , after all ceremony you have to go to your room to fix clothes or make up , so bag will stay away.
Shoes in the pool take them off very quick and carry in the hand ..will be safe .
Dress ...if you can replace one I will not worry ( if you have a time now search the web for those dresses if still possible to buy it , even ebay ),if not look at the fabric and think how big demage can be . Choose the one that can be easier to save.
Trust me any outfit that you can wear will make you look amazing .

At the very least I would not carry a designer bag... or do they expect you to carry your cell phone and personal technology in the bag so you can "afford" to ruin that, too? I guess I just don't understand what anyone is trying to prove by casually throwing away thousands of dollars.

I 100% would not wear anything expensive...then again I dont have money to burn and I work hard for my stuff. I dont need to impress people and make them think I can just throw away thousands of pounds because I am uber rich.

But hey each to their own, if I could afford it maybe I would, who knows even though I still dont really see the sense in it.

Btw would anybody really care if the outfit was designer or not?? I love the idea of a bikini and maybe a cool maxi dress with some cute inexpensive shoes. Dont see the point of taking a bag, what do you need one for? The things you put in bags i.e mobile phones and makeup would just get ruined...or is that the point?

It all sounds very bizarre and I am very confused by this tradition. Cant you just crack open the champagne? :graucho:

Ok...the ceremony sounds cute, especially since you're doing something cool like crossing the equator, but I wouldn't sacrifice a very expensive outfit for something that'll be over so quickly. I think you should wear the top/jeans combo because once you're covered in food no one (or you) will care what you look like. After you get dunked in the pool you can go back to your room and change into one of your gowns if you want.

Sorry if I've been no help but I wouldn't wear a designer gown and designer jeans to something like this no matter how dressy everyone else will be.

Either way have fun! I'm sure that won't be hard to do! :smile:

Oops, I meant designer shoes. :smile:

I like someone's idea of wearing a really nice bikini. :tup:

OP, I think you should worry less about everyone else and more about all the money you'll be throwing away. All the outfits you listed sound beautiful and it'll be a bummer to waste any of them. I don't know if your friends are kind of pressuring you to do whatever they're doing..but you just have to remember it's your choice and you need to think logically about it and what's more important to you: being accepted as one of the group, doing what everyone else is doing or doing your own thing no matter what others think. Personally, I'd rather do my own thing and watch everyone else ruin their beautiful clothes and feel glad it's not me. ;)

I'm definitely not going to bring a bag - I just thought of that because my friend is doing that, but you guys are right, it's a bad idea.

Hmm....what do you think about the idea of a really nice bikini and I'll just do my makeup/hair really, really nice and maybe wear some jewelry? And maybe some accessories if someone has a good idea? I'm starting to doubt my original desire to ruin these outfits.

MeaganK I did some research and if this ceremony will look like that ...than I will not wear any nice stuff .

1.http://jryan2011.wordpress.com/2011/01/21/crossing-the-line/

2.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4QY-1I2CRE&feature=related

3.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJTEclgBZ7M&feature=related

Every shipp can have different rules , so what I will do just go and ask the capitan ( not friends) about that, before you make final decision about outfit .

Good Luck !!!

Just seen your post ....ONLY BIKINI !!!!!!!!!!!! YES !!!!!!!!

I think you will look ridiculous like the others do in the pictures....designer clothes or not!

Personally I would say I have crossed the line many times before and just watch!

I would get a cheap and cute maxi dress, and cheap shoes. Ruining a great dress/shoes for a silly ceremony doesn't seem like a good plan to me. Go with the bikini/sarong/maxi dress look.

I like the bikini idea... with cute sandals or heels and a giant hat. I think it's beyond silly to destroy a designer outfit to impress some 'friends' that I'd only recently met. Are you worried they won't want to associate with you if you don't get all decked out?