Which one? YSL toy loulou or Fendi Mon Tresor?

Which one would you pick?

• YSL toy loulou black with matte hardware

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • YSL toy loulou black with silver hardware

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Fendi mon Tresor FF zucca

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • None

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Bumbles

O.G.
May 27, 2009
Hello, just wanted to get some advice as this will be my first Fendi or YSL bag. Normally I’m a Chanel, LV, Gucci or Prada gal.
I’m after a run around, crossbody bag particularly for errands and grab and go especially during these special times. I like both bags for different reasons but would love to hear from you loulou owners and how you find the bag and if you would recommend it. I like the toy loulou as the leather is gorgeous and so buttery. It is simple yet elegant. Never had a YSL so not sure what to expect. Would this style stay around for a while? Does the leather wear well after use? the Fendi I like because it’s a bucket bag style, but again how will the style age as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

5D10B32A-2A2F-4BBB-B309-3AAD3FC3C1F3.jpeg

Reactions: HavPlenty
Hello, just wanted to get some advice as this will be my first Fendi or YSL bag. Normally I’m a Chanel, LV, Gucci or Prada gal.
I’m after a run around, crossbody bag particularly for errands and grab and go especially during these special times. I like both bags for different reasons but would love to hear from you loulou owners and how you find the bag and if you would recommend it. I like the toy loulou as the leather is gorgeous and so buttery. It is simple yet elegant. Never had a YSL so not sure what to expect. Would this style stay around for a while? Does the leather wear well after use? the Fendi I like because it’s a bucket bag style, but again how will the style age as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

View attachment 4955621
This Fendi bag is cute. How big is it?

The mon tresor looks cuter as handheld than crossbody - which you probably would minimise these days (until its over!).
plus i normally find leather buckets quite stiff to get in and out of unless you leave the drawstring fairly open.
The lou lou is cuter as a casual bag and you don't have to worry about your hands touching it as much when out.
but in terms of hardiness, the fendi would step all over the ysl.

Reactions: Bumbles
The mon tresor looks cuter as handheld than crossbody - which you probably would minimise these days (until its over!).
plus i normally find leather buckets quite stiff to get in and out of unless you leave the drawstring fairly open.
The lou lou is cuter as a casual bag and you don't have to worry about your hands touching it as much when out.
but in terms of hardiness, the fendi would step all over the ysl.
Thanks for your comments. So you’re saying generally speaking Fendi is much more durable than YSL?

Thanks for your comments. So you’re saying generally speaking Fendi is much more durable than YSL?
Not in general.
It all comes down to the leathers and finishes used on the bag.
The loulou leather is generally more softer (softer leathers for quilting) than the leathers used for the mon tresor (sturdier leather to keep the bucket shape) so in this case, the bucket will be able to take some bangs without getting too hurt.

Reactions: Bumbles
Not in general.
It all comes down to the leathers and finishes used on the bag.
The loulou leather is generally more softer (softer leathers for quilting) than the leathers used for the mon tresor (sturdier leather to keep the bucket shape) so in this case, the bucket will be able to take some bangs without getting too hurt.
Ah ok, makes sense! Thanks for sharing.

The Fendi is cute but the bag‘s shape seems like it would lay awkwardly against a person‘s body. I have the Loulou in medium and it’s made beautifully. No durability issues.

Curious to know what you finally bought? And why? I’m in a similar spot trying to decide between the Ysl Lou Lou and the Fendi Kan I (small/medium). This will be my first designer bag too so a fresh perspective would be great:smile:)

CCCFA559-8F1F-47DE-8D97-3D9666A2E6B2.jpeg