Which one would you recommend...I can't decide!

Crystalina

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
Ok, so I am trying to decide between two different bags.

1. The Kristin E/W Zip Tote Handbag in GUNMETAL

or.....

2. The Ashley Caryall Handbag in STEEL.

Pros for Kristin:
I love the shiny gunmetal color. I haven't seen it IRL, but it's pretty. I also love the handy front pocket.

The con? No crossbody strap! Also, I mostly just wear jeans, t-shirts and ballet flats to work. Is this purse too dressy for everyday?

Pros for Ashley:
I like how the Ashley has a strap and is still a bit metallic, but not over-the-top.

The con? Well, it doesn't have a zip top (security issue?) and is it too ''mom'' looking?

For reference, I am 37 years old and a teacher, but not a mother.

Which one is more appropriate and something that will go with everything, year round?

Thanks for your advice ladies!!! :biggrin:

I vote for the Kristin! I have the hobo bag in gunmetal and it is gorgeous! If you are concerned about the tote not having a crossbody strap, have you ever considered looking at the hobo? I really love the hobo and it has a zipper on top too!

I vote for the Kristin. The gunmetal tote is so gorgeous and found the leather on that bag lightweight but strong. I do agree with purplecrystal if you really want a crossbody strap go for a hobo.

Definitely Kristin! For all the pros you mentioned, plus Kristin is very classic, modern, and streamlined. It is not too dressy at all, and could easily pair with jeans and a t-shirt. I think a zipper is a must for an every day bag, as well.

If you must have a crossbody option, why not go for the Kristin Hobo? It is a little more casual, has a zipper, and crossbody!

I vote Kristin too!!! I have a gunmetal msb. And it's not over the top metallic. I'm a jeans type of girl and def wear it all year round. Let us know what u pick!

I am having the "kristin debate" with myself too. I find myself drooling over them one week and then the next thinking "what was i thinking!?" Maybe i need to get my hands on one for awhile and test it out before I say no. So for now I'd tell u go for the Kristin!!!

kristin. not to be offensive to anyone who likes it, but i hate the look of ashley carryalls.

What she said.

Plus the Kristin is a FP bag while the Ashley is MFF - and in this case I think you would see a definite difference in quality. I don't think the gathered Ashleys are quite up to par with the other MFF Ashleys (I'm speaking specifically of the leather, and the straps.)

Kristin. I have the hobo and love it. Gunmetal is definitely not too dressy for everyday. These days I don't think there is much that is too dressy. For example, my daughter has a sequin backpack - so the sequins make it dressy but the style is definitely casual.
I don't like the Ashley. It definitely looks older than the Kristin. Plus I like having the security of a zipper. Things will fall out when you put it down in the car.

As much as I've been wanting an Ashley Carryall (and I own a leather Ashley satchel) my vote would be with the Kristin!!!

I had the same problem yesterday and I like the 3 compartments of the carryall but for me it doesn't fit on my shoulders nicely and if you want an everyday bag the Kristin is awesome! And having the front pocket is a plus to keep keys or a phone easily handy. And in my opinion a zipper is a must for an everyday bag. If you want a cross body option then look into the hobo Kristin...I just snagged one at the outlet yesterday for a GREAT price and did a reveal on the thread...(if you're interested PM me and I can give you the number of the outlet I got my bag at and the style number..they had like 4-5 of them yesterday but who knows if they're still there?)