which one would You get first?

lilmonkey

O.G.
Mar 16, 2010
I placed an order with my SA for a 35 birkin in gold hardware in either black or gold. I use my black 32 kelly most days and wear a lot of black so I'm not sure whether to get another black bag or get a lighter neutral, like gold.

For those who own both the black and gold Bs, which one do you find yourself using more often?
:queen:

I only have the black B, so I really shouldn't comment but a few ladies say that gold doesn't work for them. Etoupe is another colour that is quite neutral. I really thought long and hard about my first birkin colour and gold was high up on the list but as I couldn't see it in real life I went for black and I am very happy with that decision.

I am sure the ladies or gents that have both will comment.

I have a gold birkin I use quite a bit all year round but I live my bbk for more dressy and evenings out. You should definitely go for a gold birkin! It is good to have some variety in your bags.Hth

Have both -- they each give a different look to an outfit. Gold is a good second bag color. Also have etoupe, which as someone mentioned, is a good neutral and a little more modern looking.

I use my Gold very often but still not as much as my Black only because Black feels lower maintenance.

Since you have a Black, I would suggest you go for the Gold. I travel with mine, it is versatile and matches everything easily.

I use my Gold very often but still not as much as my Black only because Black feels lower maintenance.

Since you have a Black, I would suggest you go for the Gold. I travel with mine, it is versatile and matches everything easily.

my bbk is a sellier, though, and I'm looking for a less formal bag... nonetheless, i'm sure i'll grab whichever one gets in first.

If I had to choose, Id go for the gold with gold. You already have a black bag, make your next one a different color, especially as it goes with different items in your wardrobe.

I have a gold /gold hw 30 and a dark green box 35 p/h. I treat the green as if it was black. The gold is gorgeous. It was my first birkin. Looking at it, it looks more like a caramel color sometimes. It could depend on the leather. Mine is VL and the gold hw makes it very warm. I can wear the gold bag with anything. Life was a lot simpler when I only had to choose between two bags -- a gold birkin and a blue jean kelly, LOL.

I have four black H bags, one birkin, two Kellys and a Kelly cut since I wear black and grey most of the time, but I'm going for orange next for a pop of color in my wardrobe. I bet that I'm still going to be using my black bags most of the time though and a Birkin is a really different bag than a Kelly. So long story short I suggest Black if you plan on using it all the time.

I have both these colors in a Birkin and over the years I have owned them the black has had more than double the use of the gold. I have Kellys in these colors as well.

Gold is nice, but if you wear a lot of black in all seasons, black will be more use to you in my opinion.

My gold Kelly can usually be substituted for black with most outfits but not for everything.
Gold Birkins are so classic and chic. I think you need something that can be used in the summer, too (although, in my region, I wear black in the summer all the time.)