Which one to get first? Speedy B25 or Pochette Metid

jackosabel

Dec 12, 2012
IMG_20170219_183420_048.jpeg

Hi guys! I might need some help. The beginning of the year has been very stressful and demanding so I want to treat myself and tick one of my wishlist but I'm torn between these 2 beauties. They are both lovely so I know I can't go wrong with either BUT I just don't know which to one to get first. Please help haha! [emoji4][emoji4] Like whay they say nothing works like retail therapy.. hahaha!

Dawn

seriously?
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
United States
I'm sorry your'e stressed - I totally get it! ;)
Do you like more structure or a bag that is more casual? I think the PM is a little more dressy. The Speedy B can fit more but is a little more casual - though of course the Speedy is iconic and classic. I feel like the PM is on its way to being a classic LV as well (if it's not already). Haha I'm no help. The other thing that is my personal preference is I like zip top better than flap for an every day bag.
I really wasn't a fan of the PM but seeing it on here has really made me like it a lot. I own 2 Speedy Bs (30 mono, 35 DE) and LOVE them and really want the 25 in DE at some point.
The only thing I'd do to the PM is put a scarf on the handle to help protect the vachetta.

Reactions: jackosabel

Missydora

Jan 3, 2014
I had this dilemma too, tough one. Then the PM reverse came out, loved it, but because it was limited version . That pretty much help me make my mind up. The PM if you like organisation/ structure and being able see what you have, plus the back pocket has been so handy for easy access for phone and tube card. I find the the satchel structure of the PM can really smarten up bring a casual outfit up a level. But if you like to throw things in for convenience and speed then speedy, plus it goes well with casual slouchy look so very versatile. is very easy to style with. I will one day get a speedy 25 in DD but since it's a permanent collection not yet.

LV_4ever

Feb 4, 2013
Virginia
Have you tried them on? I so wanted to love the pm in reverse, but when tried it on and wore it around the boutique for 10 minutes, I knew that opening and closing that flap all day to get my phone, or wallet, or keys would drive me batty. I realized right then and there, I need a top open bag.

Maybe you will have an epiphany when trying them on too ;) both are gorgeous bags- good luck with your choice. No doubt this will help your stress :smile:

jackosabel

Dec 12, 2012
I'm sorry your'e stressed - I totally get it! ;)
Do you like more structure or a bag that is more casual? I think the PM is a little more dressy. The Speedy B can fit more but is a little more casual - though of course the Speedy is iconic and classic. I feel like the PM is on its way to being a classic LV as well (if it's not already). Haha I'm no help. The other thing that is my personal preference is I like zip top better than flap for an every day bag.
I really wasn't a fan of the PM but seeing it on here has really made me like it a lot. I own 2 Speedy Bs (30 mono, 35 DE) and LOVE them and really want the 25 in DE at some point.
The only thing I'd do to the PM is put a scarf on the handle to help protect the vachetta.
me too!! i was not a fan of PM the first time I saw it but the more I see it now the more I want it. hahaha! I don't know if its because of the hype or what! I love the mono but i think speedy b in mono has too much vachetta for me. How was you vachetta so far? Thank you for your help dear!

Apr 20, 2009
Sugar Land, TX
I have gotten into the habit of carrying a large bag (tote style, like the Neverful) each day just because it's so convenient. I have three Speedy Empreinte 25 bags and also the PM. I find myself reaching for the PM a lot more than the Speedys. I think that is because I carry the PM more in the evening. But the Speedy does definitely hold more. Do you need size more? An open top? The Speedy can be more convenient for those reasons. But I just absolutely love the PM and plan to get one in Empreinte when they release. So, if you don't need the size, I vote PM - it's one of my most used bags.

carrie_monroe

Apr 16, 2015
Poland
I think the major issue between the two is how much you carry. The Speedy holds a LOT more than PM (it's very deceiving). I think it's also an issue of your style - are you more trendy or casual and laid-back? Speedy is more easy and casual and Pochette Metis is more dressy and trendy. Start with whatever bag you think you can utilize more and then get another! :smile:

sonaturallyme

May 5, 2014
US
Retail therapy is the best! Haha!

I had this same debate and opted to get the PM first only bc I wanted the infrarouge and I know it won't be around forever. Otherwise, I probably would've gotten the speedy first since it holds more and is more versatile.

You really can't go wrong either way but I think it comes down to what do you need to carry. Do you need something that can hold just your essentials, can easily be dressed up or down, and is a little cuter (metis) or do you need a good basic bag that can hold a little more and is more functional and versatile (speedy)? Personally, I'm going to end up with both soon I think.

jackosabel

Dec 12, 2012
I had this dilemma too, tough one. Then the PM reverse came out, loved it, but because it was limited version . That pretty much help me make my mind up. The PM if you like organisation/ structure and being able see what you have, plus the back pocket has been so handy for easy access for phone and tube card. I find the the satchel structure of the PM can really smarten up bring a casual outfit up a level. But if you like to throw things in for convenience and speed then speedy, plus it goes well with casual slouchy look so very versatile. is very easy to style with. I will one day get a speedy 25 in DD but since it's a permanent collection not yet.
I agree! metis do have that smart casual look. Thats one of my thought as well, I can get the speedy b anytime. and the PM increased its price pretty fast. Thank you for your response! [emoji4]

jackosabel

Dec 12, 2012
Have you tried them on? I so wanted to love the pm in reverse, but when tried it on and wore it around the boutique for 10 minutes, I knew that opening and closing that flap all day to get my phone, or wallet, or keys would drive me batty. I realized right then and there, I need a top open bag.

Maybe you will have an epiphany when trying them on too ;) both are gorgeous bags- good luck with your choice. No doubt this will help your stress :smile:
I tried the speedy b 25 only and I like how looks on me. I will drop by the store and try the PM. I have some flap bag and It works out for me. Thank you dear! [emoji5]

jackosabel

Dec 12, 2012
I have gotten into the habit of carrying a large bag (tote style, like the Neverful) each day just because it's so convenient. I have three Speedy Empreinte 25 bags and also the PM. I find myself reaching for the PM a lot more than the Speedys. I think that is because I carry the PM more in the evening. But the Speedy does definitely hold more. Do you need size more? An open top? The Speedy can be more convenient for those reasons. But I just absolutely love the PM and plan to get one in Empreinte when they release. So, if you don't need the size, I vote PM - it's one of my most used bags.
wow really.. I'm happy that PM can use for evening out.. oh dear, this is hard.. I don't carry alot with me so size is not an issue. Thank you! [emoji8]

Sibelle

Mar 5, 2016
Germany
Both are great bags, I can totally understand you are having a difficult time deciding between the two ;) .

I think everyone has already given good tips.
I´d like to add that the PM seems slightly heavier to me and it actually causes me backpain when I carry it for a few hours on a shopping trip.
So this also might be something to consider.

But both bags are great as a first bag.
You should try both bags in the store and then decide which feels more comfortable for you and which suits your lifestyle most.
Good luck deciding :smile:.