which one should i keep of these 3 bags?

tinyturtle

O.G.
Dec 5, 2010
i have a 226 reissue in black calf distressed leather w/ antique gold hardware, a med/large (10") black caviar w/ gold hardware classic flap, and a jumbo black caviar w/ gold hardware classic flap.

i don't use any of these bags enough, so therefore i would like to sell two and keep just one for the time being. it might be traumatic to sell all three at the same time :P

for the reissue: I LOVE that i can wear it as a crossbody. it is lightweight and fits everything i need to carry. by far, the size and weight of the bag is my favorite out of all 3. however, i dress very casually and find that it's difficult to style the bag w/ my casual outfits so i don't get to use it much. is it just me, or do you find it to be a dressier bag, too?

for the 10" classic flap: i love that it goes w/ my everyday/ casual outfits. however, even though i'm only 5'2", i'd still prefer a longer chain on the bag. i can't wear it crossbody style. it's also too small to fit everything i would like to carry, so i don't carry it much.

for the jumbo flap: it fits everything i can carry, but it ends up being too heavy. my shoulders hurt by the end of the day, so i don't wear this much.

which one of these bags should i keep? i'm thinking that i still haven't found the right one for me....

Reissue should be the one u keep. Im looking to buy one as a mtter of fact and im considering sell my m/l in blk caviar with gold to help fund it. Also sold my jumbo earlier this summer i just never used it, its way too heavy and boxy for me.

Keep the 226. And I find it's a great bag to style with either dressy or casual outfit. :smile:

Chanel in overall, for me, is already a dressy bag. ;)

thanks for your input ladies. i'm looking at some pics from the reissue thread, and i'm starting to think that perhaps a 226 in black caviar w/ gold hardware or the black on black combo might be a better fit for me.

Keep the Reissue and take a look at some of the seasonal bags in distressed calf etc which might be larger but lighter in weight. I love the bags that work as a shoulder or crossbody option. I know what you mean about the gold hardware looking dressier but it's also very classic and a bag that you can keep forever in your wardrobe.

Definitely keep the Reissue! This bag is so chic, whether dressed up or down, can be used cross body, holds a lot, is light weight...it's so understated, classy and just a beautiful bag!