which one should i keep of these 3 bags?

tinyturtle

O.G.
Dec 5, 2010
i have a 226 reissue in black calf distressed leather w/ antique gold hardware, a med/large (10") black caviar w/ gold hardware classic flap, and a jumbo black caviar w/ gold hardware classic flap.

i don't use any of these bags enough, so therefore i would like to sell two and keep just one for the time being. it might be traumatic to sell all three at the same time :P

for the reissue: I LOVE that i can wear it as a crossbody. it is lightweight and fits everything i need to carry. by far, the size and weight of the bag is my favorite out of all 3. however, i dress very casually and find that it's difficult to style the bag w/ my casual outfits so i don't get to use it much. is it just me, or do you find it to be a dressier bag, too?

for the 10" classic flap: i love that it goes w/ my everyday/ casual outfits. however, even though i'm only 5'2", i'd still prefer a longer chain on the bag. i can't wear it crossbody style. it's also too small to fit everything i would like to carry, so i don't carry it much.

for the jumbo flap: it fits everything i can carry, but it ends up being too heavy. my shoulders hurt by the end of the day, so i don't wear this much.

which one of these bags should i keep? i'm thinking that i still haven't found the right one for me....

takeoutbox

Dec 21, 2006
Reissue should be the one u keep. Im looking to buy one as a mtter of fact and im considering sell my m/l in blk caviar with gold to help fund it. Also sold my jumbo earlier this summer i just never used it, its way too heavy and boxy for me.

tinyturtle

O.G.
Dec 5, 2010
thanks for your input ladies. i'm looking at some pics from the reissue thread, and i'm starting to think that perhaps a 226 in black caviar w/ gold hardware or the black on black combo might be a better fit for me.

gail13

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
Keep the Reissue and take a look at some of the seasonal bags in distressed calf etc which might be larger but lighter in weight. I love the bags that work as a shoulder or crossbody option. I know what you mean about the gold hardware looking dressier but it's also very classic and a bag that you can keep forever in your wardrobe.