Jimmy Choo Which one should I get??

tweezer

O.G.
Aug 7, 2007
Hi all,
I want to buy a new black JC bag in either the Ramona with watersnake trim(one left at the JC store at Topanga mall) or the Ring with watersnake trim (one on ebay now) still have to authenticate it. Size is not an issue for me, just want to know your opinions of which one you think would be more classic and long wearing (want to wear for at least a few years).
thanks for all your expert opinions:idea:

The Ramona is more classic, the Ring casual. It depends on your lifestyle. I have both styles and will wear them until I'm 80.

I have the Ring and love it and am thinking of getting the Ramona too and my SA who has worked with Choo merchandise for many years and sold most of mine to me told me not to get it. She said that she's had a lot of people have the snake trim on the belts that go through the top rings shread or tear from the friction against the rings. She has had nobody have this problem with the Ring. She thinks maybe the ring drapes differently and therefore there is less friction. :shrugs: SO, my question to all of you is has anybody had this happen to their Ramona?? It's the first time she's advised me to pick something else. She also said she thought they had discontinued making the Alex recently because there was a screw in the rings that attach the straps to the handbag that kept falling out.:confused1: She gave me all this info today when I was in San Francisco.

I do agree with jburgh, the ring is a more casual style and the Ramona a little dressier. That's why I wanted to add the Ramona, because I tend to dress up and that combo is prettier than the plain blk leather one and it's rugged at the same time. Good luck making a decision. ::smile:

Last edited:
Thank you all for your replies!! Bichon Lover that is so interesting, I will definately take that into consideration now before buying the watersnake trim Ramona.

Thank you all for your replies!! Bichon Lover that is so interesting, I will definately take that into consideration now before buying the watersnake trim Ramona.

Yeah, I don't know for sure.... Hopefully others will read this post who have the bag and let us know if they have had any problems. I was going to post a new thread about this to get some info myself when I spotted your post and thought I'd just stick it in. Let's see if people notice and give us some feed back. :confused1: I wonder if anyone has ever looked at their belts that closely to check it out?? We'll both wait and see. :smile:

BL - Wow! I have now looked at the belts and there is absolutely no damage. I try, but never really end up being able to baby my bags. I played with my Ramonas and Radiant to see how they could shred. The belts really don't move around through the holes when I open the bags. The gathering stays pretty still. I wonder if some people are unbuckling the belts and opening the bag that way??? This seems somewhat bizarre, KWIM? Now I do worry that the large top metal plate on the Ring's strap will bend on me...I think that would be far more likely an issue than belt movement.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for checking... It seems weird especially because the JC manager said the Ramona biker with snake trim has now been made a house item. He also told me they aren't going to be using water snake as a rule anymore and sticking to the Elaphe and Karung. I'll have to call and ask him if they're using a different snake for the trim now on the Ramona. I swear you can't believe half of what you hear. I know my SA/friend isn't lying to me so maybe she has just had a weird string of unfortunate incidences with that bag. :shrugs: :confused1: Still!!!

Just talked to the SA that worked for JC before again and got better details and called and talked to JC manager. It was also happening on the bottom where it connects the sides to the bottom. Two customers brought them back and the one they had left in stock they damaged out and haven't had problems since with new ones that have come in. Sounds like they may have had a bad batch. They are still going to use the water snake for trim on this bag and a few others and in some shoes but are generally moving away from it to Elaphe and Anaconda which means for all of us more $$$$$. At this point I feel comfortable buying the Ramona, I will do it where I know I will be taken care of in the future without question should I ever have a problem. That's it , I'm tired, I'm done, stick a fork in me!!!! :nuts:

Just talked to the SA that worked for JC before again and got better details and called and talked to JC manager. It was also happening on the bottom where it connects the sides to the bottom. Two customers brought them back and the one they had left in stock they damaged out and haven't had problems since with new ones that have come in. Sounds like they may have had a bad batch. They are still going to use the water snake for trim on this bag and a few others and in some shoes but are generally moving away from it to Elaphe and Anaconda which means for all of us more $$$$$. At this point I feel comfortable buying the Ramona, I will do it where I know I will be taken care of in the future without question should I ever have a problem. That's it , I'm tired, I'm done, stick a fork in me!!!! :nuts:
Thanks Bichon Lover, you're the best for doing all the investigative work!! I still want the Ramona, hopefully I have no problems with it.

Thanks Bichon Lover, you're the best for doing all the investigative work!! I still want the Ramona, hopefully I have no problems with it.

Me too!!! We'll take the plunge together. I think I'm going to get mine in a couple of weeks. Gonna make sure this week isn't anything like last week in the market or there'll be nothing except my poor little pockets hanging out of my pants inside out flapping in the wind. :nogood::crybaby: