which one is better?? help!

it may just be the flash in the 2nd pic, but the black color in the 1st pic appears more saturated? i like the more saturated one.

any chance you can take pics of them together (side-by-side) with the same lighting (indoors, outdoors) so folks can get a better idea?

actually the 2nd pic was taken by kim SA in balnyc. the 1st one was the one that i got last thursday. so do you think the first one is more vintagey look? sorry for the word...hahaha

Hard to tell in the pics, Juno..but going on just them, I too prefer the more saturated black, and yes, it does look more distressed and 'Vintagey'..but both leathers look great to me.

I like picture #1 - if the other is an 08, I just sent a S/S 08 Black City back to Holt Renfrew because although the leather was gorgeous, soft and bubbly-distressed, it was also dry all around the edges, and the colour was very grey-black, not black-black. I was lucky enough to win a gorgeous 06 Black City from a PF member, and it's very black, I am much more satisfied with the 06...so if the first bag is an older, black-black, I would say keep #1! (hope that made sense...:love:)

how soft is the one you own now?

if it's soft i'd keep it. it's hard to tell from a photo which one is "better", because i've had dry-not-so-desirable bbags photography really well - so it's not always the best way to judge.

kim @ balny definitely picks out AMAZZZING bags!

actually the first one is an 08 i just bought it lastweek at balenciaga melrose,i actually picked it myself.the 2nd picture was the one kim chosed coz i was supposed to buy it on the phone but i decided to go to bal melrose to pick it up in person.im really confused! i really want the 05 leather.if only i could find an 05 work black bag.dang!

Sorry, there is no buying, selling or trading on the PF! please re-read the rules of the PF!

how soft is the one you own now?

if it's soft i'd keep it. it's hard to tell from a photo which one is "better", because i've had dry-not-so-desirable bbags photography really well - so it's not always the best way to judge.

kim @ balny definitely picks out AMAZZZING bags!

I agree on the feel of it. If its really soft (like you can see it will start to droop quickly), then thats the one I keep:tup:

I definitely vote for the 1st bag as well- the color is much better, but it might be the flash that's washing out the 2nd pic. But the leather on the first bag looks really nice- it's already got some drape to it, which indicates some softness to me.

verty- interesting that you've had some dry bags that photograph well- I'll have to keep that in mind!! I thought I could get a pretty good idea about the leather if the pic was clear enough...but I guess you never really know until it's in your hands.