which one is better?? help!

BHmommy

O.G.
Mar 12, 2008
city of angels
it may just be the flash in the 2nd pic, but the black color in the 1st pic appears more saturated? i like the more saturated one.

any chance you can take pics of them together (side-by-side) with the same lighting (indoors, outdoors) so folks can get a better idea?

junokarlo

bagman
Apr 13, 2008
santa barbara
actually the 2nd pic was taken by kim SA in balnyc. the 1st one was the one that i got last thursday. so do you think the first one is more vintagey look? sorry for the word...hahaha

quilter

Sep 6, 2007
www.pennysisto.com
Hard to tell in the pics, Juno..but going on just them, I too prefer the more saturated black, and yes, it does look more distressed and 'Vintagey'..but both leathers look great to me.

aaallabama

r.i.p. my angel
O.G.
May 7, 2006
FLA
actually the 2nd pic was taken by kim SA in balnyc. the 1st one was the one that i got last thursday. so do you think the first one is more vintagey look? sorry for the word...hahaha
^^ i'd definitely keep the 1st one :tup:

p.s. the 2nd one doesn't even look black (?)

bondie

Apr 21, 2006
I like picture #1 - if the other is an 08, I just sent a S/S 08 Black City back to Holt Renfrew because although the leather was gorgeous, soft and bubbly-distressed, it was also dry all around the edges, and the colour was very grey-black, not black-black. I was lucky enough to win a gorgeous 06 Black City from a PF member, and it's very black, I am much more satisfied with the 06...so if the first bag is an older, black-black, I would say keep #1! (hope that made sense...:love:)

verty

sharkwater.com
Feb 28, 2007
the islands
how soft is the one you own now?

if it's soft i'd keep it. it's hard to tell from a photo which one is "better", because i've had dry-not-so-desirable bbags photography really well - so it's not always the best way to judge.

kim @ balny definitely picks out AMAZZZING bags!

junokarlo

bagman
Apr 13, 2008
santa barbara
actually the first one is an 08 i just bought it lastweek at balenciaga melrose,i actually picked it myself.the 2nd picture was the one kim chosed coz i was supposed to buy it on the phone but i decided to go to bal melrose to pick it up in person.im really confused! i really want the 05 leather.if only i could find an 05 work black bag.dang!

Sorry, there is no buying, selling or trading on the PF! please re-read the rules of the PF!

karenab

O.G.
Mar 16, 2007
how soft is the one you own now?

if it's soft i'd keep it. it's hard to tell from a photo which one is "better", because i've had dry-not-so-desirable bbags photography really well - so it's not always the best way to judge.

kim @ balny definitely picks out AMAZZZING bags!
I agree on the feel of it. If its really soft (like you can see it will start to droop quickly), then thats the one I keep:tup:

sunny07

O.G.
Sep 13, 2007
I definitely vote for the 1st bag as well- the color is much better, but it might be the flash that's washing out the 2nd pic. But the leather on the first bag looks really nice- it's already got some drape to it, which indicates some softness to me.

verty- interesting that you've had some dry bags that photograph well- I'll have to keep that in mind!! I thought I could get a pretty good idea about the leather if the pic was clear enough...but I guess you never really know until it's in your hands.