Which one? 16 sweet motif Vs vintage 10 motif necklace

Which necklace should I choose?

• 16 motif sweet in RG

• 10 motif vintage in YG

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
I loooooovvvve the 16 motif! It’s a great stacking piece! And also subtle enough to wear every day! You can either stack or wear it by itself. Long or short, just so many options for a single piece!

I saw a girl on YouTube, stacking her 16 with a pave pendant. She was wearing 16 motif with one loop closer to the neck and the other loop longer. With her pave pendant in the middle. The stack was so dreamy that I went to get the pave pendant next day and will def add 16 motif in the future. Her name is lailli Mirza if you want to check her out. She didn’t talk about them but she was wearing them in one of her videos. I definitely don’t think it’s too underwhelming as it is part of a stack. The soft glow from 16 motif with the bright sparkles of a diamond pendant, it was so perfect and sexy!

I don’t like VA 10 motif l There was a time I had 2x 5 motif and I made it to a necklace. I just did not like the look. It feels very dressy and it aged me. Especially in all gold ( stone one might be different but looks like you are not considering the stone version)
With that said, I do like the 5 motif bracelet size. Dainty bracelets are too easy to disappear on the wrist even stacking but not the case for necklaces. You can sell it at your 40s and get a bigger size if you want more statement piece lol

Sorry this has become a long post! Hopefully you can feel my enthusiasm about the 16 motifs lol!

Last edited:
I loooooovvvve the 16 motif! It’s a great stacking piece! And also subtle enough to wear every day! You can either stack or wear it by itself. Long or short, just so many options for a single piece!

I saw a girl on YouTube, stacking her 16 with a pave pendant. She was wearing 16 motif with one loop closer to the neck and the other loop longer. With her pave pendant in the middle. The stack was so dreamy that I went to get the pave pendant next day and will def add 16 motif in the future. Her name is lailli Mirza if you want to check her out. She didn’t talk about them but she was wearing them in one of her videos. I definitely don’t think it’s too underwhelming as it is part of a stack. The soft glow from 16 motif with the bright sparkles of a diamond pendant, it was so perfect and sexy!

I don’t like VA 10 motif l There was a time I had 2x 5 motif and I made it to a necklace. I just did not like the look. It feels very dressy and it aged me. Especially in all gold ( stone one might be different but looks like you are not considering the stone version)
With that said, I do like the 5 motif bracelet size. Dainty bracelets are too easy to disappear on the wrist even stacking but not the case for necklaces. You can sell it at your 40s and get a bigger size if you want more statement piece lol

Sorry this has become a long post! Hopefully you can feel my enthusiasm about the 16 motifs lol!

Thanks for the thoughtful post! I do think the 16 is very versatile, though I'm still debating its longevity for me as after getting a pair of sweet earrings I'm wondering if the 16-motif may be a bit young for later on... saying that, I see so many stacking opportunities with it for currently!

This thread is definitely influencing me to consider the 16 motif!!

Haha glad to be of service. The whole forum is one big wishlist of wants for me!

Hi all!
Resurrecting this thread...
Has anyone tried to lengthen the sweet 16 to wear doubled? Not sure if its ling enough as it is without needing to add length..? The joys of buying unseen. Thanks in advance

@ShimmerDreamz Did you decide on the 16 and 10 motif necklace?
I seem to go back and forth on this 16 motif. I am wondering if I would outgrow it in the longer run. But it seems so practical right now. We don’t have store in our state and it is so hard to decide without trying these pieces on.

I actually went with some other VCA items first (pendant, earrings and a bracelet set!) since I realised I normally only like wearing pendants and not long necklaces, hence some more introspection required!

I tested out with some longer beads I had at home and found it rather stifling to have it looped and occasionally choking me, or annoying to have it dangle long, or not used to the extra weight around my throat (I dislike even turtleneck jumpers due to the choking feeling)... I keep going back and forth though but until my comfort levels are satisfied I decided to hold fire and go with some tried and tested types instead ☺

This is to say I was leaning towards the 16-motif sweets, but also have the inclination to just get another bracelet now and join up to make up 10-motif in addition.

(BUT THE ADDICTION IS REAL)

Reactions: hhw
16 motif all the way! It looks sooooo pretty doubled up! I am also around your age. I was a bit underwhelmed when I got my sweet earstuds and worried that it would look small on me when I get older but now I actually love my sweets! I think it has to do with price point. VCA is much more expensive than unbranded jewelry so you think too much about “ifs” when you order an item. Also you want it to be worth it and making a statement. I realized I would never order such big pieces in a ynbranded jewelry store because it is just too much for my style. I wear sweets much more than my magic and vintage size items. Also, I don’t believe in when you get older you need bigger pieces. It is matter of taste and style. 10 motif is really dressy style, 16 looks more unique and fresh. Hammered gold makes it more grown up too to wear it all ages :smile: I considered many other necklaces before but now I am settled on getting 16 motif next my only worry is RG. But it looks great on you!

Funny - I literally just picked up the 16 in Aspen over the weekend. It's been on my radar forever but I have not been able to find it.

Perhaps I have a level of bias here, this being said; however, I would go with the 16 all day every day because of its versatility vs the 10 motif. Also, I find the 10 motif isn't as friendly for daily wear. I like the size of the stations of the 16 sweet - it is so understated yet stunning at the same time.
I totally agree! I got the sweet 16 on xmas. I love it, been wearing it everyday. I don’t take it off. Sometimes when i feel extra I layer it with my rg pave.
10 motif onyx was on my wishlist longest time but ended up getting the sweet. So I was bit unsure first few days. Now I am glad i picked the sweet 16 cz soooo sooo comfortable.
I bought blue agate 10 motif while back and returned. Certainly wasn’t able to sleep with it. I may still geth onyx 10 motif but certainly don’t regret my sweet 16.
I also think rg looks great on you

Reactions: hhw and jenayb
Hi all!
Resurrecting this thread...
Has anyone tried to lengthen the sweet 16 to wear doubled? Not sure if its ling enough as it is without needing to add length..? The joys of buying unseen. Thanks in advance
Hi, i lengthened mine 3 inches. That the max vca allowed me. I have wide neck so it is still on the short side for me. But after the inches it looks better when I layer it with my pave. But I mainly wear it by itself doubled.