Which one? 16 sweet motif Vs vintage 10 motif necklace

Which necklace should I choose?

• 16 motif sweet in RG

• 10 motif vintage in YG

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
Feb 19, 2012
Hi all, I tried on the 16 motif in sweet RG and 10 motif guilloche YG in store before lockdown. I think I want to try on the 10 motif YG hammered vintage as well so not looking to pull the trigger yet.

However, it would be great to get everyone's stylish and experienced thoughts:

1. Does RG suit me ok? I have gone from WG to RG to YG in various phases and am currently in a YG phase. I think the RG is nice but more subtle whilst the YG pops more, so my heart is currently with YG.

2. Is the sweet too small? I'm in my late 20s so think I can pull off the size for now but wonder if as I age, sweet becomes too young. I certainly can't imagine my mum wearing the sweet!

3. To long necklace or not. I think I'll be wearing the 16 motif mostly as double as I just don't like long necklaces currently, though it's nice to have the option to wear it long. However, if that is the case, maybe I should just go for the 10 motif (since it's available in YG vintage size). 20 motif is currently out of the question due to price and also it'll be too heavy for what I'm used to. I'm currently a single pendant necklace kind of girl.

As much as I adore the guilloche line, the 10 motif is far too fancy for daily wear for my style. Therefore I'm thinking about the hammered gold style since that'll be more casual. I'm not looking for stones as I don't want to baby anything and mind clean ease is paramount.

Phew, thanks for reading and welcome to my brain! Photos now :smile:

IMG_20200204_125512.jpg

IMG_20200204_125620.jpg

IMG_20200204_125921.jpg

Hiya! I am personally not a fan of 16 motif sweet, it’s just too baby like imo, and for what you are paying - it just doesn’t look all that. Now! Guilloche is stunning but it’s a dressy necklace and you mention yourself you want something for daily wear.... how about exploring more options? :smile: like frivole in gold I think is so beautiful and age appropriate at “any” age!

I really like the rg on you and I also agree hammered gold can be more casual and works better with sweater and jeans. I am also not a fan of the 16 sweets, does not have the impact if the 10 motif. Based on everything you said I would suggest trying in the hammered yg abd rg. One of those would be perfect for you!
Oh yes true! Hammered gold is even a better option! Can you go try those and add to our choices to choose from OP? :smile:

Hiya! I am personally not a fan of 16 motif sweet, it’s just too baby like imo, and for what you are paying - it just doesn’t look all that. Now! Guilloche is stunning but it’s a dressy necklace and you mention yourself you want something for daily wear.... how about exploring more options? :smile: like frivole in gold I think is so beautiful and age appropriate at “any” age!

Frivole is gorgeous and it's definitely on my list (YG single pendant). Thanks for the recommendation :smile:

I'm itching for something Alhambra multiple motif-y as something different to offset my current pendant collection sooner, but I think lockdown is triggering some poor impulse control!

Frivole is gorgeous and it's definitely on my list (YG single pendant). Thanks for the recommendation :smile:
I'm itching for something Alhambra multiple motif-y as something different to offset my current pendant collection sooner, but I think lockdown is triggering some poor impulse control!
Oh I hear you! I am myself guilty of shopping at VCA the moment harrods opened!
Also, I agree with @lynne_ross I prefer RG on your skin tone! Forgot to mention that :smile: looking forward to your pics!

what about the frivole 9 flower station necklace? it’s beautiful, also sits at your neck, and has a sort of motify look. similar in price to the 10 motif too, you should check it out!

I really like the rg on you and I also agree hammered gold can be more casual and works better with sweater and jeans. I am also not a fan of the 16 sweets, does not have the impact if the 10 motif. Based on everything you said I would suggest trying in the hammered yg abd rg. One of those would be perfect for you!
Oh I hear you! I am myself guilty of shopping at VCA the moment harrods opened!
Also, I agree with @lynne_ross I prefer RG on your skin tone! Forgot to mention that :smile: looking forward to your pics!
Another vote for you to try the hammered Alhambra in pink gold.
I also agree with the ladies above, that pink gold is lovely with your skin tone. I'm watching this post with interest as I'm in a similar situation as you.

Wow, a lot of votes for RG which is a big surprise to me - I'll definitely consider it next time I'm in the store now whilst I'd have gone straight for the YG only.

Quite funny as I was in a similar dilemma a few years back on the Cartier love. Went for RG love ring and then YG cuff in the end. Matching is not my strong suit :P

what about the frivole 9 flower station necklace? it’s beautiful, also sits at your neck, and has a sort of motify look. similar in price to the 10 motif too, you should check it out!

Thanks! I think I prefer the single Frivole pendant necklace more but I'll try it and see in real life too. It looks a bit too dressy for daily wear but let's see. I do love trying things on in the store like a kid in a candy shop...

Though the good thing about the Alhambra also is that I could always extend it if I wanted to eventually go for the 20 motif look. I'm can be quite indecisive, so having a future-proofing option is rather reassuring haha.

You should try the 10
Motif hammered rose gold. I like how the rose gold compliments your skin tone. Definitely get the vintage size since it’s more classic and you won’t “outgrow” it

If your heart is set on YG go for that. If you can be swayed and will stop thinking about the YG once you get the RG, go with RG. Because you’re so fair, even RG can pop on you. And it picks up the pink in your skin. I voted for the 10 motif. Went back and changed vote after seeing the sweet 16 on you. I really like it. It’s easy and super casual, and looks cool doubled. But this comes from a person who likes sweets and wears my pave sweets 24/7. I would wait to try the hammered YG 10 motif. You may still love that.

You should try the 10
Motif hammered rose gold. I like how the rose gold compliments your skin tone. Definitely get the vintage size since it’s more classic and you won’t “outgrow” it

I'll definitely give the rose gold vintage size a go when I get a chance to go to London (though not sure when that'll be at this point!).

If your heart is set on YG go for that. If you can be swayed and will stop thinking about the YG once you get the RG, go with RG. Because you’re so fair, even RG can pop on you. And it picks up the pink in your skin. I voted for the 10 motif. Went back and changed vote after seeing the sweet 16 on you. I really like it. It’s easy and super casual, and looks cool doubled. But this comes from a person who likes sweets and wears my pave sweets 24/7. I would wait to try the hammered YG 10 motif. You may still love that.

Hahaha the back and forth is exactly what I've been going through before I decided to consult the collective wisdom of this forum. I do like small necklaces too - for example I actively prefer my Tiffany 9mm over my 12mm one but maybe it's time to change things up! I'm really all over the place with my prefences lol. Glad to know you're in the RG camp too as that looks to be the overall consensus on metal colour regardless of the sweet Vs vintage debate.