Which of your HHs takes the worst beating?

Well, I'm not one for "throwing" my bag around but I have to say it's my Nico XX that gets the most use and probably the most beating. I also have 3 very energetic young children under the age of 6 that adds to that. I've had my Nico XX for a few years and she is holding up extremely well. I get tons of compliments on her even now.

Well, the bag I have used the MOST out of all of my HH is my electric blue, ltd ed Mercer 3C. It just seems to go with virtually anything and everything! The downside though is that I guess due to the colour folks think it is pleather :/ I have been inadvertently insulted more times by this by girls in Saks, Holts, Macy's and Coach more times than I can count with their, "THAT is LEATHER??" comments. I mean, I'm well dressed, making decent purchases, and this is what they say???

Sorry - LOL - I LOVE the bag, but I have my sore spots with it too I guess!

^ Wow. That's okay- they'll be biting their tongues when they find out how awesome HH is and start scrambling to get their hands on one!

Well, I'm not one for "throwing" my bag around but I have to say it's my Nico XX that gets the most use and probably the most beating. I also have 3 very energetic young children under the age of 6 that adds to that. I've had my Nico XX for a few years and she is holding up extremely well. I get tons of compliments on her even now.

I don't either, but I know a lot of people do. I'm curious to know which styles are the toughest as far as heavy use/wear goes.

My saddle Ana has been used about every other day and not gently. Other than some darkening on the back, she has held up beautifully. Unfortunately, she was my first HH bag and I did not pretreat her, but she does clean up nicely.

My Yam Havana has been getting daily use since I bought it about 6 weeks ago. I am not exactly "gentle" with my bags, but I don't throw them around either.
I am finding the leather still looks fantastic, it is just getting softer and more broken in with use (not looking at all "worn").
Even DH says, "that bag looks better now than when you first got it!"

my havana (eggplant), mostly because i use it most often. i am NOT gentle with my bags and it looks great and is softer. i use my pilot clutch maybe second often and it's not looking as hot - metallic doesn't go all the way through the leather, it seems (some slightly worn spots look almost silver.. a bit weird, but still looks okay).

Speaking of wear and tear on HHs, my red Tharpe has developed some black spots on the back (the side that sits against my body) even though I sprayed it with several coats of leather protectant before I started carrying it.

Anyone else have this happen, and suggestions on how to remove the dark stains?

I am not hard on my bags at all.. But I am using my anthracite havana exclusively right now, and I do not worry about it at all. I feel the anthra leather has a hearty constitution, and could take a beating quite well. ;)

Speaking of wear and tear on HHs, my red Tharpe has developed some black spots on the back (the side that sits against my body) even though I sprayed it with several coats of leather protectant before I started carrying it.

Anyone else have this happen, and suggestions on how to remove the dark stains?

Are they spots, like ink spots, or a relatively large darkened area? The second usually comes from rubbing "naked" leather against dark wash jeans. If that's the case, since you pre-treated it, it should come off using most of the good leather cleaners.

^^ It's the latter, like a large darkened area, not ink stains. I haven't tried cleaning it yet since I didn't want to end up ruining the leather. What's a good leather cleaner you recommend? The pre-treating spray I used was the Wilson's Leather brand. Is their cleaner good?

So, sounds like havanas and nicos stand up pretty well to daily use, along with brownish colors such as saddle and yam... good to know! Thanks guys, keep em coming!