Which of these Macassar bags do you prefer?

From purely an aesthetic point of you the GM. It looks so chic and expensive. The jour is lovely but from what I have seen from your posts and your very chic style the GM will suit you to a T!

Which of these men's briefcase bags do you think looks best, and which one is most versatile? PDV GM, or PDV Jour.

PDV Jour

I have the pdv GM in both macassar and graphite.

The macassar gets tons of compliments but I've fallen out of love with it - it's too flashy for me and since it had black leather and silver hardware people really notice it and stare and comment. It's too much and gets awkward. I prefer graphite for everyday.

Then again I am using the macassar right now lol. I took it on a trip with my macassar keepall 55 just to make sure I don't want it before I sell and i haven't switched it out yet. So I'm torn :P

I like the smaller one better. It's more chic looking. Also pvd GM is awkward cross body

I have the pdv GM in both macassar and graphite.

The macassar gets tons of compliments but I've fallen out of love with it - it's too flashy for me and since it had black leather and silver hardware people really notice it and stare and comment. It's too much and gets awkward. I prefer graphite for everyday.

Then again I am using the macassar right now lol. I took it on a trip with my macassar keepall 55 just to make sure I don't want it before I sell and i haven't switched it out yet. So I'm torn :P

I like the smaller one better. It's more chic looking. Also pvd GM is awkward cross body
Ok, thanks. Yes, it might be a bit "flashy"

Funny enough,last weekend, I tried on, in store the PDV Jour but in DG - very nice - I prefer the canvas/webbed sh.strap, less cutting on the shoulders, can be crossbody carried, the zip is buttery smooth, inside is quite narrow. Not sure if its flat bottom either.The DG canvas is also very structured.

If its daily essentials then the Jour, but as a workhorse then the GM is more practical/spacious.

Its a shame neither has an exterior zip/open compartment.

Last edited:
Depends on usage IMO. I think Jour more for daily usage. GM is way too bulky. I will only go with GM if you have a bulky laptop.

Jour also looks better. I dislike the 2 leather straps in the middle.