Which of these black MAM bags do you prefer?

iconic321

O.G.
Mar 8, 2007
San Diego
I'm in the market for a black MAM and I'm debating between these two bags only I'm at a loss for which I like more. They both seem very similar to me. The only differences that I see are the hardware (one is brass, other is shiny gold), the blue zipper track and the D versus square rings.

If you could buy any one of these which would you choose and why?

Option A:
http://www.rebeccaminkoff.com/shop/handbags/classics/morning-after-mini-with-strap-1.html

Option B:
http://www.rebeccaminkoff.com/shop/handbags/classics/morning-after-mini-with-new-strap.html

Dec 26, 2007
Houston
i'd choose A.
mainly cuz the old strap has the hook allowing u to hook it to the front/back hardware...and it just looks a whole lot more better that way, imo, compared to B's new strap style

i just think the design for the new strap looks ridiculous (when strapped to the sides of the bag, it looks like a lunchbox more than a handbag)...but this is just my opinion.

ms p

so blessed
O.G.
Jan 9, 2007
i don't like the new strap so i'll go with option A

kyuis2004

O.G.
Jan 18, 2010
Sunshine state
I will go for the option A
because I like the antique look of the brass HW and the strap system makes more sense to me then the new one...the new strap system is kinda awkward IMO.

MAGJES

O.G.
Dec 13, 2008
North Carolina
I vote option B because I like the way the "D" rings look on MAMs instead of the square rings. I rarely use a strap so the new design doesn't affect me very much but I agree that it looks awkward.

BrookeJ

Aug 4, 2010
Ohio
i like option b. i actually like the new strap. attaching it to the sides instead of the d rings makes it easier to carry imo but if you dont wear it crossbody it really wont matter.

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
That's tough. I like the gold hardware better than brass. But I do like the blue zipper track and the square rings. I think I would have to go with b. The gold hardware just looks better than the brass imo.

StarBrite310

Purse Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
L.A.
Option B for sure. I like the D rings so much better and the gold hardware is nicer than the brass. Plus it's nice not to have that blue zipper track for a change.

iconic321

O.G.
Mar 8, 2007
San Diego
Ugh I feel the same way! I hate the square rings so much and I much prefer the "D" rings. I wish RM wouldn't mess with a good design (hello new Nikki "O" rings I'm talking to you!).

Do you think RM will be able to switch out the square rings for D rings on option A?

I vote option B because I like the way the "D" rings look on MAMs instead of the square rings. I rarely use a strap so the new design doesn't affect me very much but I agree that it looks awkward.

musicgirl

O.G.
Sep 3, 2007
Alabama
I like B better. The bag hangs better for me when the strap is attached like option B. Of course I am one of the few people who like the new Nikki "O" rings. :smile: