Which next? Pink or Red?

Jun 18, 2012
I'd like to get opinions on which should be my next Chanel acquisition. I'm relatively new to Chanel and have a Black patent jumbo classic single flap w/SHW & a Pearlized silver grey medium classic double flap. (I had a black Ultimate soft but I never wore it so I sold it)

I want to get my next Chanel and I've been debating on a (bright Crayola) Red jumbo classic flap in lamb or a (fuchsia or bubblegum) Pink medium classic flap in lamb or patent. Any of these choices would be with SHW or RHW as available.

If I get the red I can wear it pretty often (work, casual, some dressy). I have 2 red bags but both have GHW and I tend to mostly wear white gold jewelry. Even so, I love red bags enough switch into gold jewelry sometimes just to wear the bags. If I get the pink it will be more for casual / night out wear. I don't see myself wearing it for business. That's also why I would get the pink in a medium. I have one pink bag but it is more of a rose and it has GHW - both reasons that I wear it but not that often.

So this would seem to say to get the red. However, pink is my favorite color. I think ultimately, I will get both but once I buy the first one, it will be years before I buy the second because I'm going to get my PhD and will have to wait til I'm done.

Thanks in advance for your advice and thoughts!

color-wise, a bubblegum/girly pink is generally associated with young(er) women and girls and giving an impression of innocence and etc. red is a power color, a bit more mature. what impression do you want to give off about yourself? -- maybe base it on that. where you are in your life right now and how you want others to perceive you when you wear the bag.

color-wise, a bubblegum/girly pink is generally associated with young(er) women and girls and giving an impression of innocence and etc. red is a power color, a bit more mature. what impression do you want to give off about yourself? -- maybe base it on that. where you are in your life right now and how you want others to perceive you when you wear the bag.
Hi I'm new to Chanel bags as well. I would say go for the Fushia first as it takes time to find the perfect red. You might have to wait especially for a bright red......I was in Botique this weekend and the red lamb from cruise actually looked like a Fushia red. I told sa that's pink. She agreed. The pink lamb flaps were a brighter bubblegum pink but def a fun bag. I found the medium flap to be too small for my liking.

Pink and red are two of those colors that when you see your ideal shade, you know. There are so many depths and undertones of both pink and red that it can sometimes take years to find your ideal bag, especially when you add hardware and leather type to the mix. So I say when you see the perfect bag for you in either color, that's the next bag you purchase.

Thanks for all the responses!!! I appreciate all the perspective.

Hmmm... I've heard this thought on other threads but, I don't see colors exactly that way. I really see them more as accents to certain colors of clothing. I love wearing red because it's visually impactful. But, I also like to wear pink - especially as it's one of my sorority colors and I can wear it to those events.

---

missie1 & ClothesFilly - I totally agree that finding the right shade takes time. 😖 I've been looking for both for about a year (a relatively short time I know) and haven't found the right red or the right pink with the right hardware. It's hard to be patient but I know it's best to get exactly what I want.

Last edited:
I agree it is hard to find the perfect shade of red as well as pink. I think the current red color from the cruise collection does have pink undertones, it looks nice actually, but if you are looking for the true red, this is not it.
You can't go wrong with either color as long as that is the color shade you are looking for.

Thanks for all the responses!!! I appreciate all the perspective.

Hmmm... I've heard this thought on other threads but, I don't see colors exactly that way. I really see them more as accents to certain colors of clothing. I love wearing red because it's visually impactful. But, I also like to wear pink - especially as it's one of my sorority colors and I can wear it to those events.

---

missie1 & ClothesFilly - I totally agree that finding the right shade takes time. 😖 I've been looking for both for about a year (a relatively short time I know) and haven't found the right red or the right pink with the right hardware. It's hard to be patient but I know it's best to get exactly what I want.[/QUOT

Have you looked at the current red from the cruise collection. It's a strawberry red that looks pink and might satisfy ur craving. I just bought fushia red jumbo from 09 and it took care of my pink bag needs.. Still waiting for my perfect red but the fushia red can give me enough to hold me over until I find. Also downside for me is that the cruise using lamb. I prefer caviar. Lamb scares me...go check it out

From a material standpoint, vote lamb over patent... color wise, if limited to this current season options (seems like you're trying to purchase shortly), I would vote for the red this season. Saw the fuchsia in person and it wasn't vibrant enough for my taste personally. Good luck with your decision!