Which Neverfull should I buy?

Spicy87

O.G.
Aug 19, 2009
Hello everyone!
I'm looking for a new everyday shoulder bag and have (finally) settled on the Neverfull. Now I can't decide which size I should get. The GM seems huge! But in comparison the MM looks so tiny!? I'm 5'4" and not skinny - for reference. I'm not sure if it helps in this case, but I love the size of the Speedy 30.
I'm also (as usual) not sure if the Mono or the Damier Ebene would be better. Are the handles on the DE still cracking? I think this was an issue a few years ago. I love the Damier Azur, but I'm too worried about colour transfer since I wear a lot of black and denim.
Can anyone help me? :crybaby: I'm trying to avoid a trip to the boutique due to the current situation.

Oh, and I'm also thinking about maybe getting the Graceful instead of the Neverfull. I keep making it worse. :lol:

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
I'm looking for a new everyday shoulder bag and have (finally) settled on the Neverfull. Now I can't decide which size I should get. The GM seems huge! But in comparison the MM looks so tiny!? I'm 5'4" and not skinny - for reference. I'm not sure if it helps in this case, but I love the size of the Speedy 30.
I'm also (as usual) not sure if the Mono or the Damier Ebene would be better. Are the handles on the DE still cracking? I think this was an issue a few years ago. I love the Damier Azur, but I'm too worried about colour transfer since I wear a lot of black and denim.
Can anyone help me? :crybaby: I'm trying to avoid a trip to the boutique due to the current situation.

Oh, and I'm also thinking about maybe getting the Graceful instead of the Neverfull. I keep making it worse. :lol:
I can relate... let me tell you that I have owned a GM in DE, a GM in DA and a MM in DE.... all sold:noworry: just not my bag.

I have an Iéna DE now and -due to Covid- have yet to put it to the test... but the zipper and rather slouchy design and more comfortable straps -hopefully- make it a better choice for me.

I am about to go on holiday for a couple of days soon and will pack my Iéna .. so we will see.
As for the print: Damier Ebene:heart::biggrin:

Edit: Oh and I am about 5‘7 and both sizes worked well

Reactions: Spicy87
If you can I would go and try them on. I have A GM in DE and I hate it. The straps are not long enough for me and also thin, they hurt my shoulder and the bag is too tight under my arm. And I find the GM just huge, would not use it as a daily bag, just for travel (but with those straps I never use it). Good luck!

I have 4 NFs; the MM size is my favourite. I have DE, DA and Mon Mono. I carried my Mon Mono on vacation last summer and found myself wishing I had a bigger one for travelling, so I bought a GM last fall. I've only used it twice because I haven't travelled since February.

I am 5'5" and a size 12, and the MM is the perfect size for me. The GM is huge and more than I want on a daily basis. I carry it on flights as my carry-on, and then cinch the sides to make it more MM sized to use as a daily bag on vacation.

I have 4 NFs; the MM size is my favourite. I have DE, DA and Mon Mono. I carried my Mon Mono on vacation last summer and found myself wishing I had a bigger one for travelling, so I bought a GM last fall. I've only used it twice because I haven't travelled since February.

I am 5'5" and a size 12, and the MM is the perfect size for me. The GM is huge and more than I want on a daily basis. I carry it on flights as my carry-on, and then cinch the sides to make it more MM sized to use as a daily bag on vacation.

Can you also comfortably cinch the sides of the MM or does that make it too small?

Thank everyone! I‘m really leaning towards the MM now. Just have to decide if I want the DE or the Mono. :smile:

Reactions: Pagan
Hello everyone!

I’m 5’4” and fat. I own 13 Neverfulls (I think) most are MM. I have a couple GM.

Here is what I have learned:
Monogram is comfortable. You will get caught in the rain and get a water spot. After your breakdown you will get another and then realize it is not a big deal it’s a beauty mark. It will patina and you will forget. MM is the best everyday size. You will eventually buy the GM. You will see it is massive and then be glad you have it for travel....

I have never had any issues with my Damier ebene Neverfull. I don’t cinch it. I live in a snowy and rainy climate. I love mine.

I looked at the graceful multiple times. I never bought it because the corners will wear and get a hole eventually.

I looked at the Iena multiple times. I do not own it because I do not like the location of the straps. They could break and leave a hole in the bag. I own the totally in all 3 prints and prefer those.

Pick the bag that makes your heart sing the loudest!

I think GM is great for travel but think about how big it is and how much you can store in it... now think about how heavy that will be & how thin the straps are for everyday use. Although you may think the MM might be small, its the perfect size for everyday use. In my opinion it its your daily essentials + a little extra. It is versatile and you can wear it as a tote or cinched at the sides. As far as print goes, I went with the DE because it ages better & you don’t have to worry about it as much as the mono. The mono can look very dirty if you don’t know how to keep it clean as far as the vachette goes. I’ve sene mono NV in a beautiful honey patina & Ive seen the opposite, very dark and black vachette. I prefer the DE because I have a speedy b in DE & I love how it matches everything, its subtle, & carefree. The newer DE with matte leather may wear differently than the older version with shiny leather, just FYI. I know that the mono gets softer with time but I was too afraid of the dark black patina & I didn’t wanna baby my tote - I want to use it for school, a baby bag, a everyday carry, etc.

Good luck in choosing print! Next step, the interior color... lol