Which necklace?

• VCA

Votes: 34 82.9%
  • Cartier

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters

Yodabest

Jan 1, 2016
I have a few pieces I’m considering so not sure if I’m going to go the necklace route but these are two necklaces on my list. I know this is the Cartier board, but between the two which would you choose? TIA! :smile::heart:
Edit: Adding a pic of the Cartier necklace on me. Have not seen the VCA in person since it just came out.

FBACE8B3-F462-497C-A2F3-4797ACB430BF.png

5EF54973-D873-4993-BBD0-A0DBD795AE23.jpeg

530E28D8-CDAB-4AA0-A56F-6A070165C229.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm a huge Cartier fan, but I also love VCA. Between those two, I like the VCA far more. However, you really have to try them on and see which one makes you smile more.

Thank you for your response! I’m a big fan of both too, as you can probably guess from this decision:smile:

I think the VCA is very elegant and feminine. I guess my hesitation is that it just shouldn’t look too flashy because of the size and shine.

Thank you for your response! I’m a big fan of both too, as you can probably guess from this decision:smile:

I think the VCA is very elegant and feminine. I guess my hesitation is that it just shouldn’t look too flashy because of the size and shine.

I think if your concern is not wanting to look too flashy, then I would be stay away from diamonds... many people not used to these brands will see the Love pendant and find it flashy just because of the diamonds. It could be a limiting factor in terms of wearing it, depending on your work or how you dress.

Personally, part of what I like about the VCA piece is the versatility and the attention to detail and workmanship that goes into their piece. I love Cartier and have several bracelets and watches etc. I find the chain on the Cartier too small, the links are flat and not so attractive to my eye. I feel it looks too flimsy and a bit cheap on this piece. I feel like Cartier is selling you the pendant and they are doing the bare minimum for the chain that goes with it. The VCA chain links are more rounded, a bit larger, and seem more elegant. I love that it can be worn as a long necklace, or it can be worn as a double chain. VCA is known for their ability to wear pieces in more than one way, or to sometimes added piece together. There also appears to be lot of workmanship on the beading around their motif, on the piece attaching it to their chain, and the lines running across it. So those are the reasons my vote goes to VCA on this dilemma.

However, as mentioned previously, go try them on in person and then go for which ever piece puts the bigger smile on your face! Wishing you luck and lots of fun deciding!

Reactions: Yodabest
I think if your concern is not wanting to look too flashy, then I would be stay away from diamonds... many people not used to these brands will see the Love pendant and find it flashy just because of the diamonds. It could be a limiting factor in terms of wearing it, depending on your work or how you dress.

Personally, part of what I like about the VCA piece is the versatility and the attention to detail and workmanship that goes into their piece. I love Cartier and have several bracelets and watches etc. I find the chain on the Cartier too small, the links are flat and not so attractive to my eye. I feel it looks too flimsy and a bit cheap on this piece. I feel like Cartier is selling you the pendant and they are doing the bare minimum for the chain that goes with it. The VCA chain links are more rounded, a bit larger, and seem more elegant. I love that it can be worn as a long necklace, or it can be worn as a double chain. VCA is known for their ability to wear pieces in more than one way, or to sometimes added piece together. There also appears to be lot of workmanship on the beading around their motif, on the piece attaching it to their chain, and the lines running across it. So those are the reasons my vote goes to VCA on this dilemma.

However, as mentioned previously, go try them on in person and then go for which ever piece puts the bigger smile on your face! Wishing you luck and lots of fun deciding!

THANK YOU for all this input!!! This is exactly the help I needed here!! I really appreciate you taking the time to type that out.

I really would love to check out the VCA in person, but with the covid numbers going up where I live, I’m avoiding unnecessary trips to the store. It’s such weird times. In a normal world I’d have seen it already, probably twice, and posted modeling pics from the store.

I’m narrowing down my decision and also considering the JUC with diamonds, which may eventually become another post. You seem really knowledgeable so any thoughts on that would also be so much appreciated!

(I know it’s hard to compare a necklace vs a bracelet.......)

Also wanted to add I’m a casual SAHM. :heart:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jetsetmax
THANK YOU for all this input!!! This is exactly the help I needed here!! I really appreciate you taking the time to type that out.

I really would love to check out the VCA in person, but with the covid numbers going up where I live, I’m avoiding unnecessary trips to the store. It’s such weird times. In a normal world I’d have seen it already, probably twice, and posted modeling pics from the store.

I’m narrowing down my decision and also considering the JUC with diamonds, which may eventually become another post. You seem really knowledgeable so any thoughts on that would also be so much appreciated!

(I know it’s hard to compare a necklace vs a bracelet.......)

Also wanted to add I’m a casual SAHM. :heart:

Thanks! I'm glad it was helpful to you. The JUC is a great piece, I have one in yellow gold, and I also have some VCA pieces. I've been buying pieces from both for about 20 years.

Bracelets and necklaces are obviously very different. I think you could eventually add each to your collection and both would be very usable for a casual SAHM. In some ways the VCA necklace is a bit more intricate, but part of the charm of the JUC is that the design is based dressing up a very simple item, a nail. Perhaps the question to ask is are you more of a bracelet person or a necklace person? Would you get more use or enjoyment from one or the other? Would the VCA necklace fill in a gap in your jewelry collection? You already own a few Cartier Love bracelets, do you have anything from VCA? If not, perhaps it is time to add something from them to your collection.

Either way, I like your options here, the VCA necklace or the Cartier JUC with diamonds far more than the Cartier Love necklace above. Good luck and have fun deciding!

The VCA guilloche is absolutely stunning and is extremely sparkly due to the cut of the design. I have the pendant and have also seen this Magic size last week. Its breathtaking and versatile (worn long or doubled up as a shorter necklace). I really encourage you to check it out. Diamonds are sparkly but if the light doesn't hit it sometimes it doesn't "bling" so much. The guilloche does regardless of whether you are under lights or in the sun.

Thanks! I'm glad it was helpful to you. The JUC is a great piece, I have one in yellow gold, and I also have some VCA pieces. I've been buying pieces from both for about 20 years.

Bracelets and necklaces are obviously very different. I think you could eventually add each to your collection and both would be very usable for a casual SAHM. In some ways the VCA necklace is a bit more intricate, but part of the charm of the JUC is that the design is based dressing up a very simple item, a nail. Perhaps the question to ask is are you more of a bracelet person or a necklace person? Would you get more use or enjoyment from one or the other? Would the VCA necklace fill in a gap in your jewelry collection? You already own a few Cartier Love bracelets, do you have anything from VCA? If not, perhaps it is time to add something from them to your collection.

Either way, I like your options here, the VCA necklace or the Cartier JUC with diamonds far more than the Cartier Love necklace above. Good luck and have fun deciding!

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and helping me think this through. It’s obviously an $$ purchase and this helps to sort of mentally “shop” without physically going to the store which is just hard now. I am definitely between the VCA necklace and the JUC.

I actually already have a few VCA pieces.....the 10 motif hammered yg necklace, the 2016 holiday pendant, and a few sweet bracelets. I guess I’m a fan of the Alhambra. Still no magic pendants or guilloche though!

I’ll update soon with what I end up getting!

Reactions: Jetsetmax