• Light grey

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Light taupe

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

earthygirl

Apr 20, 2018
Light grey or light taupe? I stopped by the boutique today with my light grey nano belt bag, but am considering selling it to purchase the light taupe color. I would probably take a loss. When I bought mine the light taupe was not available in the nano size. I think I somewhat prefer the warmth of the light taupe to the coolness of the light grey as the taupe color seems more elegant. The light grey is nice and I wear it often but the light taupe also is very versatile and the gold hardware kicks it up a notch. I own an Alma epi bb in galet which is very similar to the light taupe so I don’t actually need another light taupe bag in the same size. I wear the Alma bb only as handheld bag and usually with dresses as I don’t like the look of it crossbody, but I crossbody the nano belt often and wear it more casually. Thank you in advance for your two cents!

870B4A99-EE74-4BF2-AC39-8877D76AD3E9.jpeg

Reactions: coniglietta
I like the taupe better. But in the outfit you were wearing, the grey one matched perfectly. How do you like this style of purse? I am considering buying one myself.

Light grey or light taupe? I stopped by the boutique today with my light grey nano belt bag, but am considering selling it to purchase the light taupe color. I would probably take a loss. When I bought mine the light taupe was not available in the nano size. I think I somewhat prefer the warmth of the light taupe to the coolness of the light grey as the taupe color seems more elegant. The light grey is nice and I wear it often but the light taupe also is very versatile and the gold hardware kicks it up a notch. I own an Alma epi bb in galet which is very similar to the light taupe so I don’t actually need another light taupe bag in the same size. I wear the Alma bb only as handheld bag and usually with dresses as I don’t like the look of it crossbody, but I crossbody the nano belt often and wear it more casually. Thank you in advance for your two cents!

View attachment 5264670
I prefer the taupe. It's a warmer color and looks great with all outfits. Also it's slightly darker so less worry about dirtying it.
But I thought you were choosing between the 2. Since the light grey is yours, I don't see the point in selling it and buying the taupe. Both colors serve the same purpose. Also you say you have an alma bb in galet so you don't need another bag in the same color way.

I like the taupe better. But in the outfit you were wearing, the grey one matched perfectly. How do you like this style of purse? I am considering buying one myself.
I like it a lot. It‘s lightweight and can be worn crossbody. It carries a fair amount and the design is just just so chic. I especially like wearing it over coats.

I prefer light taupe as I recently got mine. It goes well with most of my outfits and is a great neutral. So far no color transfer when I've worn it with dark jeans. I don't have many light colored bags in my collection and this one filled that void.

You mention the Alma bb in galet which is similar in color, but I think the belt bag could be worn more casually so you would get more uses from it. I have a lot of black bags that I wear for different occasions.

I prefer the taupe. It's a warmer color and looks great with all outfits. Also it's slightly darker so less worry about dirtying it.
But I thought you were choosing between the 2. Since the light grey is yours, I don't see the point in selling it and buying the taupe. Both colors serve the same purpose. Also you say you have an alma bb in galet so you don't need another bag in the same color way.
I also prefer the taupe, because I gravitate towards warm colors. I just am not sure it’s worth taking a loss. If I did sell it, I’d probably purchase the taupe belt bag in Paris (next summer) so that I wouldn’t pay the US price. I agree that the bag would serve the same purpose regardless of color...it’s just a matter of preference. If both had been available when I bought mine, I know I would have chosen the light taupe.

I prefer light taupe as I recently got mine. It goes well with most of my outfits and is a great neutral. So far no color transfer when I've worn it with dark jeans. I don't have many light colored bags in my collection and this one filled that void.

You mention the Alma bb in galet which is similar in color, but I think the belt bag could be worn more casually so you would get more uses from it. I have a lot of black bags that I wear for different occasions.
Yes, I think you’re right...I wear the Alma bb when I’m dressed up but the belt bag is so much more casual. Even though I love the color of my Alma bb, I don’t use it as often as I use the belt bag. I think it just love the gold hardware and the warmth of the light Taupe. It is the perfect non black neutral imo.

It’s not the most practical decision but maybe I’ll use the grey until I go to Europe next summer. If I still want the light taupe, then I’ll buy it while on vacay and sell the light grey. Any loss can be justified by the use and enjoyment I got from the bag while I enjoyed it.