Which Mulberry for my first

Hi everyone!

I am currently saving up from now until Christmas for my first Mulberry bag. I have always liked the classic bags from Mulberry for example the east west Bayswater and the Ledbury both sadly discontinued.

What bag would you recommend for my first Mulberry? I carry the essentials only.

Thank you!!

Oh .. choices, choices !!!
I am very fond of both the EW Bays (big bays is lovely but way too heavy for me) & Leddy (have had a few..) perfect sizes, very "classic" - also, on the same lines, is the SBS, Regular Bryn (though might not count as "classic" yet ?) - If you are OK with the "flappy bits" (?) I'd def' say consider a Regular 'Lexi .. a "modern classic" if ever there was one..
love to know what you decide xx Holls

Ooh so much to choose from...I love my ew bays, I recently got my grey ew bays from bicester. Or if you prefer a longer strap sbs might be worth considering.

It might be worth considering pre loved, both naughtipidgins nest and labels most wanted are great sellers. There's a lovely chocolate Ledbury on naughtipidgins nest now.

Look forward to seeing what you decide :smile:

I adore my small Del Rey it's big enough to carry the essentials but also has the compact dimensions. Mine has stayed lovely and structured. The zip is so handy but It still has the flap style at the front. I sold my EW because I hated the flap and I loved the fact I could use the SDR cross body too.

Alexa would definitely get my vote, so many to choose from and sell fabulous. I think it will always be a classic.

If your not worried about a longer strap the EW Bays are still available at the Outlets.

Oh .. choices, choices !!!
I am very fond of both the EW Bays (big bays is lovely but way too heavy for me) & Leddy (have had a few..) perfect sizes, very "classic" - also, on the same lines, is the SBS, Regular Bryn (though might not count as "classic" yet ?) - If you are OK with the "flappy bits" (?) I'd def' say consider a Regular 'Lexi .. a "modern classic" if ever there was one..
love to know what you decide xx Holls

I will look at the SBS, regular Bryn and regular Alexa.

Alexa gets my vote - regular size.

Alexa was my first mulberry and I loved her! Practical and beautiful.

I will have a look at the regular Alexa. Does the outer buckle fastening make getting inside the bag in a hurry difficult?

Ooh so much to choose from...I love my ew bays, I recently got my grey ew bays from bicester. Or if you prefer a longer strap sbs might be worth considering.

It might be worth considering pre loved, both naughtipidgins nest and labels most wanted are great sellers. There's a lovely chocolate Ledbury on naughtipidgins nest now.

Look forward to seeing what you decide :smile:

Do all the outlets have the ew bays? I had a look at naughtipidgins nest after you mentioned the Ledbury on their. It looks gorgeous, the listing said it smells of the previous owners perfume. I can't decide what to do?

I adore my small Del Rey it's big enough to carry the essentials but also has the compact dimensions. Mine has stayed lovely and structured. The zip is so handy but It still has the flap style at the front. I sold my EW because I hated the flap and I loved the fact I could use the SDR cross body too.

I will have a look at the small del rey.

Alexa would definitely get my vote, so many to choose from and sell fabulous. I think it will always be a classic.

If your not worried about a longer strap the EW Bays are still available at the Outlets.

I will phone the outlets to see if they have the EW Bays. Do all of them have them? Will look into Alexa.

I also vote for the Alexa. She is my most practical Mulberry! The bays is iconic but much too heavy for everyday use (for me)

Will look at Alexa, I hadn't considered it until it was mentioned in this thread. The regular bays is too heavy for me, which is why I was thinking ew bays.

My vote would be the Ledbury as the classic classic or the alexa as the modern classic iykwim :smile:
I love the Ledbury.

Will have a look at this.

I vote for SBS too, or maybe a Lily?

I do like the SBS, I also like the Lily.

A strap can be added to the Ledbury to make it more flexible . A lot of ladies did it when the SBS was launched .

I didn't know that.

Last edited:
I have whittled it down to

Lily

East west Bayswater - can't decide between soft spongy or grainy print leather

Small Bayswater Satchel - would have to save a little beyond Christmas to purchase unless it went in the Mulberry sale.