Which Messenger Bag would you choose?

gabethan

Nov 3, 2006
Mom of 2, I really need to keep my hands free. I guess backpacks are out and messengers are in. I want something trendy. I'm trying to stay with it! Can anybody make some suggestions?? I would like to stay away from the bags with logos all over them.

Thanks!!!!

balenciaga messenger
messenger.jpg

balenciaga day/hobo
dayhobo.jpg

kate spade makes nice messenger bags. the nylon ones are nice but be careful- the strap of mine is a little rough and has messed up some of my shirts :sad:

How about this B Makowsky bag?

B. Makowsky Delano Lamb Leather Cross Body Hobo > Leather Handbags > Handbags - eBags

Not exactly trendy but I think these non-leather messenger bags are pretty and well-made:

seabreezestudio (in the process of relocating, will do customisation):

Lovely fabrics, excellent workmanship and Yukiko's a very nice lady to deal with:
Etsy :: Small Messenger Bag - Vintage Flower power

Another talented bagmaker is FierceKittenStudio:
Etsy :: Minsc Messenger Purse - Purple Sakura Accent

Angela Liu of SanFranciscoCrafts is one of the best bag makers on etsy, and will also customise messengers.

An example of a bag that's already sold:
Etsy :: DESIGN YOUR OWN - Large Messenger Bag

I love the chanel tweed messenger with the little camelia flower on it. Looks so cute and I love that style. On ebay.com there are several chanel messengers...

How about Dior Saddle or Street Chic? They have in messenger style. Dior Copacobana is also a messenger bag, but it has logo. Here's the pic of messenger saddle and street chic... Oh, this pic is pic of my whole diors - sorry don't have the pics for each of them alone (in the meantime)... the saddle messenger is the big brown (chocolate) one and the street chic is the one in dark brown colour - behind the purple bowler or next to the copacobana. Dior stores may still have them, or stores like NM etc or even Elux.

Those Diors are daytime bags thou... good wear when I have to catch my 2 years old baby when she runs at the mall :smile:. Btw, are you looking for daytime or nite bag? For nite, chanel has some cute sling bags.

Attachments

• My Diors 001.jpg
    My Diors 001.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 77