Which MC is the best ?

cadriani

Sep 27, 2007
Hi,

I am tossing between:

- The Marilyn

Pro: Really like the studs and style :smile:
Con: It's so small, does it even fit a wallet ?

- The Alma

Pro: Good size
Con: I normally carry my bag on the shoulder

The Audra

Pro: Loves the handle
Con: Same as above, it is not a shoulder bag

Please feel free to give any suggestion even if it involves other bags.

My mum and dad is going to Paris in a few months and I want to ask them to buy me a few bags and wallets (of course I am going to pay for it) :smile:

I heard that Paris is much cheaper than Australia. Is this true ?

So far my list includes:
- Suhali Le Confident in Black :love:
- 1 MC bag I am still thinking about + matching wallet :confused1:
- Taiga Laptop Bag (for DH bday)
- Taiga Wallet (for DH bday)
- a BV bag I am still thinking about only IF it is much cheaper in Paris :upsidedown:

Thanks for all your help

jellybebe

loves pink!!!
O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
Canada
I saw the gold marilyn yesterday, which is really pretty although it's quite blingy too. It's a smaller purse but it will definitely fit your wallet and other essentials. If you're used to shoulder bags, I wouldn't go for the Alma. My personal fave of the MC line is the Rita - it's roomy, handheld, has a unique shape, has a front pocket and lots of room!

sugarcookie72

Cuddly Bag Monkey
O.G.
Jul 20, 2007
Marilyn is roomier than it looks so that gets my vote & also you said you prefer shoulder bags. BTW, have you seen the Beverly MM in multicolore? It's a little bigger than the Marilyn & similar in style...it will fit a little more than the Marilyn. Regarding the Audra & the Trouville, those two styles are going to be discontinued so if you are interested in them you should buy as soon as possible.

LVKeepallfan

Apr 8, 2008
Sunny SoCal, USA
Seems to me you like colorful bags. Have you considered Monogram Vernis' Rosewood and Bedford? The Bedford you can use either as a handheld or shoulder while the Rosewood is purely shoulder. IMO, both bags are simply stunning in Pomme D' Amour or Amarante. :yes:

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
Would you consider the Aurelia MM? I have it in black MC and it's super roomy. It holds two textbooks, a clipboard, my pencil case, calculator, plus the usual stuff you'd find in a purse :tup:

UWangel143

cheetah cub. so cute
Oct 22, 2006
VAT refunds is the reason why shopping in paris is cheaper.

i'd choose marilyn but if u want a roomy, big shoulder bag then i'd get the noe. you have to keep in mind that hand held bags patina very easily. (although shoulder bags too but anyway.........)