Which MBMJ leather and hardware combo do you prefer?

Which leather and hardware combo do you prefer?

• I prefer the pebbly leather with silver hardware

• I prefer the smooth leather with gold tone hardware

Results are only viewable after voting.

GUNG

Aug 25, 2007
Shown below are the Turnlock Teri and the Turnlock Bowler, side by side, along with some more pics.

The Turnlock Teri has pebbly leather with silver hardware and the Turnlock Bowler has a smooth leather with gold tone hardware.

Which style do you guys prefer? The pebbly leather with silver hardware or the smooth leather with brass hardware?

These are my bags shown below and I am wondering if maybe I should buy the Teri with smooth leather, or keep the pebbly one I have. For sure, I am going to have a Teri and a Bowler, I'm just not sure yet which Teri I should have :yes:

CIMG6514.jpg

CIMG6518.jpg

CIMG6516.jpg

CIMG6519.jpg

CIMG6517.jpg

Thank you in advance, ladies!:yes::heart:

I think the decision for me was made because of lifestyle. I try to take the best of care of my bags but I am often clumsy and needed the visual forgiveness provided by the pebbled leather, if that makes sense. A scratch or flaw on smooth leather looks more noticeable, I imagine.

I had the exact same dilemma as you, GUNG!
I have the Fall 2006 Teri (brass hardware, smooth leather) and was wondering if I should go for the newer ones... it's hard to say!
(I ended up sticking with my old Teri though... I just couldn't give up that smooth leather!)

But I do like the silver hardware for some reason. I like the silver Turnlocks better than the brass ones, but I like the brass zipperheads better than the silver ones! From the picture you posted, the black Teri doesn't seem to be as pebbled as I imagined.

Overall, I vote for Silver!

i voted for the gold hw. i'm not big on silver and secondly, i prefer the old school mbmj hardware. i don't like any of the new season stuff especially the polished gold. it doesn't feel like mbmj, kwim? that tt bowler is gorgeous. :heart:

i would keep the older one! i love the older hardware and styles. not too crazy about the new teri or the hardware on newer bags.

i recently bought an older turnlock bowler on ebay for about the same price as the new ones in the stores now, but i love it so much more!