which marc is best for me?

tinylittlegirl

mj lover
May 19, 2008
hi guys,

i'm new to the purse forum, in fact this will be my first post!
i'm obsessed with marc by marc jacobs so i'm saving for my very first bag. as they're way out of my budget i want to make sure i get the right one as i won't be buying another for a LONG time.

i currently have my eye on the MARC by Marc Jacobs Dr. Q Hillier Hobo in Saddle Leather
(pic taken from the Neiman Marcus site)

marcjacobsak1.jpg

i really want a leather shoulder bag, is this the best one to get? (i know they'll be a bit hard to find), or do you guys know of better? has anyone got pics of themselves wearing this bag?

thanks!!
hugs beth :heart:

I have the hillier - I used to switch my bags a few times a week - but I've used this one straight since I got it. It goes with everything - and I've never been a long strap person, but when you are shopping or walking around, it's really awesome to ahve the cross body strap. I say go for it!

I've never tried the Hillier--it looks great.
If you like a bag with more outside pockets, you might try the Quinn shoulder bag. I have one in grey and really like it. It's larger, so I use it as a work tote.
The others in that series, like the Heide and the Lady, also have outside pockets and are smaller.
Have fun in your decision-making!

thanks guys! looks like you're all pretty keen on the lovely hillier too. i really love the saddle colour so hopefully i can still find it somewhere when i can afford to buy my first marc bag!

def. go for it! i LOVE the bags from marc's dr.q line. i have the groovee in saddle and now i'm looking for a black hillier. the leather is buttery and soft and def. worth the money.