which MAM to sell? (pics attached)

which would you sell?

• BBW with green zip track

• Supernova studded

Results are only viewable after voting.

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I'm thinking of selling one of my black MAM bags to make room for something new.
I prefer silver or gunmetal HW to the gold on the BBW bag. But the Supernova bag has a lot of HW, which takes away from the fact that the color of the HW is more subtle.
BBW is smooth leather; studded bag is more grainy leather.

which would you sell?

Attachments

• bbw 004.jpg
    bbw 004.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 365
  • rm studded mam 001.jpg
    rm studded mam 001.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 368
I'm thinking of selling one of my black MAM bags to make room for something new.
I prefer silver or gunmetal HW to the gold on the BBW bag. But the Supernova bag has a lot of HW, which takes away from the fact that the color of the HW is more subtle.

which would you sell?
Hmmm, tough one as both are beautiful. I guess it boils down to which you use less and which one suits your style more. If it were for me, I'd keep the BBW, regardless of the hardware. But this is me. :smile:

which would you sell?
if you just want to have more space and don't really need the money back, then i'd suggest giving it away to your friend/ family member who you often see. i don't see the reselling market very good in the recent years, this year in particular. when i started to buy my bags on the Bay earlier this year, the winning bid for MAM was usually around 200$ and now even 100$ nobody is bidding and the seller has to relist it again and again and reduce the price again and again :hrmm:

but if you want to sell one of them, i'd say, market-wise, i think the BBW might be more attractive to potential buyers, esp if you set the starting bid low. btw, if it's made in NYC, it would be much better. just my opinion.

good luck!! :smile:

if you just want to have more space and don't really need the money back, then i'd suggest giving it away to your friend/ family member who you often see. i don't see the reselling market very good in the recent years, this year in particular. when i started to buy my bags on the Bay earlier this year, the winning bid for MAM was usually around 200$ and now even 100$ nobody is bidding and the seller has to relist it again and again and reduce the price again and again :hrmm:

but if you want to sell one of them, i'd say, market-wise, i think the BBW might be more attractive to potential buyers, esp if you set the starting bid low. btw, if it's made in NYC, it would be much better. just my opinion.

good luck!! :smile:

Thanks for the advice Kasey. I guess I don't really need the money but I don't have a lot of income right now so I'd feel better buying a new bag if I could sell one. And I really don't want to have so many bags I forget what I have.
I've had good success selling RM bags on Bonanza but it might have just been that I listed the right bag at the right time (most recent sale was maybe 6 months ago). I suppose I could try listing both of them and see what sells.
Thanks again. I appreciate the input.

I would sell both and look for a preowned bbw in a hardware you prefer.

Hmm.....I think maybe I'd like to try a full sized black MA - either basketweave or maybe just a nice leather

and I'd like to find a Cupid in soft leather with the zipper on the back

but not sure if I want to let go of both of my MAs right now

thanks for the advice :smile:

I think the BBW would be a better seller because that's a harder to find bag. The green zipper track is gorgeous and it being made in NYC would be appealing. If you aren't attached to it and are simply deciding based on what would earn the most, I think it would be the BBW. Good luck!

I would keep the BBW also, as I would prefer its look and easier to match to outfits. But if both are not perfect for you, it is probably an idea to rethink selling both and getting something perfect for you.