Which makes more sense to keep?

lshcat

O.G.
Mar 31, 2010
Hi! I would love some more impartial opinions... which of these would you keep and for what reasons? 1. reissue camera bag, or 2. GST?

I love the camera bag because it's not as common, the leather is TDF, I prefer these chains to the leather-intertwined ones. Also the hardware on this '09 one is a better quality than I've heard Chanel is producing now. But it's also smaller, doesn't hold as much, and can be a little troublesome when the chains slide through when you are trying to get into the bag. :P And the GST is a classic, fits more, would hold my iPad etc.. but the straps do slip. And I am not the hugest fan of the big CC on my bags. (I also prefer the older style GST's lining and lack of that odd hook/chain inside.) I'm a stay-at-home mom and dress very casually. The GST might be a bit "much" for me. I REALLY like both for different reasons but they are a similar color scheme, and financially I'd like to just keep one of them. Which to keep? Thank you so much for any advice!

Attachments

• camerabagwithgst.jpg
    camerabagwithgst.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 509
I wear my GST with the CCs facing my body because I also feel that the large logo is a bit much for me. I don't have a problem with the straps slipping because I always put it on my shoulder with one strap over the other and that solves that problem. BOOM - I just wiped away all of your issues with the GST, lol. I actually adore the camera bag and would actually advocate for you to get both, but if you can only get one I would tell you to go for the GST because it sounds like it is more functional (space, etc.) for your lifestyle.

I wear my GST with the CCs facing my body because I also feel that the large logo is a bit much for me. I don't have a problem with the straps slipping because I always put it on my shoulder with one strap over the other and that solves that problem. BOOM - I just wiped away all of your issues with the GST, lol. I actually adore the camera bag and would actually advocate for you to get both, but if you can only get one I would tell you to go for the GST because it sounds like it is more functional (space, etc.) for your lifestyle.

"BOOM" lol. :biggrin: I must have bad rolly shoulders, or I have to keep practicing the crossover move. I must admit I have worn GST's with the CC facing my body too! I am so glad someone else does this as well! I felt almost ashamed to do so! Thank you so much.

You can't go wrong either way! But I love the camera bag!

Can I ask... Where did you get it and how much was it? And can you make it crossbody?

Thank you so much, it is definitely a special bag to me, it's from '09.. But I've heard there are new releases for the camera bag. I don't know the current prices though sorry! It is a little too short to be worn crossbody.

Hi! I would love some more impartial opinions... which of these would you keep and for what reasons? 1. reissue camera bag, or 2. GST?

I love the camera bag because it's not as common, the leather is TDF, I prefer these chains to the leather-intertwined ones. Also the hardware on this '09 one is a better quality than I've heard Chanel is producing now. But it's also smaller, doesn't hold as much, and can be a little troublesome when the chains slide through when you are trying to get into the bag. :P And the GST is a classic, fits more, would hold my iPad etc.. but the straps do slip. And I am not the hugest fan of the big CC on my bags. (I also prefer the older style GST's lining and lack of that odd hook/chain inside.) I'm a stay-at-home mom and dress very casually. The GST might be a bit "much" for me. I REALLY like both for different reasons but they are a similar color scheme, and financially I'd like to just keep one of them. Which to keep? Thank you so much for any advice!

To me, since these are not just lovely bags, but expensive ones, you really need to have your heart have a say, not just your head. True, the GST is a classic, will hold more things, and is pretty versatile. You can wear it on your shoulder, your elbow, or in your hands. But you can do the same with the camera bag. I think by reading this that it sounds like your heart is in the 09 camera bag. While it's true they have brought back the camera bag style, it's not your 09 bag, it's a new one. There really isn't a "wrong" choice here. If you do keep the camera bag, which since it's 09 and you like the hardware on the bag plus the chain straps, you can always buy a GST later. Follow your heart; you really need to love the bag. :smile:

It seems like your leaning towards the camera bag more. I regret selling my first GST which was my one and only Chanel bag. I'm extremely happy to get another one.
I like it bec. it's classic, beautiful and functional! I love that it can hold all my essentials!
I too solve the problem of the strap slipping by over lapping it! GL!

To me, since these are not just lovely bags, but expensive ones, you really need to have your heart have a say, not just your head. True, the GST is a classic, will hold more things, and is pretty versatile. You can wear it on your shoulder, your elbow, or in your hands. But you can do the same with the camera bag. I think by reading this that it sounds like your heart is in the 09 camera bag. While it's true they have brought back the camera bag style, it's not your 09 bag, it's a new one. There really isn't a "wrong" choice here. If you do keep the camera bag, which since it's 09 and you like the hardware on the bag plus the chain straps, you can always buy a GST later. Follow your heart; you really need to love the bag. :smile:

Oh thank you so much... That is SO true. I can fix a regretted GST sale by getting another some day, but I can't as easily fix a regretted '09 camera bag sale. :smile: that helped a lot! I appreciate it.

I am going to add my 2 cents as I have both bags (all be it different colors) (my Camera is a bone color and my GST is Red) why not keep them both? They are both unique bags and both stunning. If you had to get rid of one I would choose the GST because it is more functional and can hold a little more then the camera.

I am going to add my 2 cents as I have both bags (all be it different colors) (my Camera is a bone color and my GST is Red) why not keep them both? They are both unique bags and both stunning. If you had to get rid of one I would choose the GST because it is more functional and can hold a little more then the camera.

I agree they have a different vibe. :smile: it's really just financial... Sadly I married for love (this time around) not for money. ;) (j/k) We have some home renovations on hold, I'd like to contribute so we can complete a project.

I have the same camera bag, but in grey. It took me forever to track one down in new condition because it's an old style. I've love love love to have the one you have in black as well!

From the photos I've seen of the new camera bag, the chain doesn't slide through, so this may be a factor in deciding for you. I actually prefer the old style, but that's me.

I know the GST is a classic, but I find it bulky and a little too flashy with the heavy chains and interlocking C's.

My advice would be to keep the camera bag. If you find the GST, you may be able to get one later, but the camera bag you may not be able to find again.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like your heart is more in love with the camera bag. I think if you've found one in great condition, snag it!