Which LV to take to France?

Glamazon Huntress

Bagaholic for life
Jul 6, 2006
Hey everyone!

So I'm leaving for Paris on June 4 for 12 days, and in that time I will also be in a small town called Annecy and my hotel is right on a beautiful lake:tup:

My question to you is: Which bags to bring with me??
I've already decided which non-LV to bring (Chanel classic flap.

So here is my collection:

- WC Speedy 35
- Mini Lin Speedy Ebene
- Azur Speedy 25
- Mono Speedy 30
- Batignolles Horizontal

DOn't bring any LV TO France, just visit the avenue montaigne right away and you're good to go! You can't visit without leaving with at least one souvenir!

(Out of those I'd bring the mini lin or any damier though)

From what I have read it is not the best idea to bring LV with you to Europe unless you have the sales receipt with you. Of course I have never been so I cannot speak from experience. I agree with the op who said just stop at the Paris LV and pick up something new. Have a great trip!

From what I have read it is not the best idea to bring LV with you to Europe unless you have the sales receipt with you. Of course I have never been so I cannot speak from experience. I agree with the op who said just stop at the Paris LV and pick up something new. Have a great trip!

Just wondering why not? Will they try to make you pay taxes or something when you leave thinking you just bought it?

I don't know how true it is, but friends who have been have told me that they have encountered problems at customs on the way home and had to prove the bag was from Canada or pay duty. I have also heard of people being asked to prove their bags were bag real once in Europe or have them taken. I would be interested in hearing form people who have travelled from NA to Europe who can tell us about their experiences.

I'm just back from 2 1/2 weeks in Europe, including a week in Paris. I took one bag - my LV Tango with the long strap. It was perfect. I like to wear crossbody bags when traveling so I'm completely hands free. Inside, I kept my Azur mini pochette which I clipped to the outside part that holds the Tango strap and inside the mini I had my Azur cles and my violette Vernis cles to hold cash and CCs.

With your choices, I would take a shoulder as an everyday bag rather than a handheld.

I had no issues with customs, coming or going through LAX. I bought the Hampstead MM in Paris and my DH (bless him) carried it for the rest of the trip, box and all. The customs agent barely gave us or our declaration form a second look and we were over the allowed limit by about $500.

Wow so now I am a bit scared about customs...so I should find those receipts! I was thinking the BH because it's a shoulder bag but I don't like how it's completely open and I don't want to worry about thieves. So I think I might go with the Mini Lin cause it can handle any kind of weather and is pretty big and has a closed top.

personally, I wouldn't take any to France; I've heard some true horror stories about customs. If you have to though, bring the least conspicuous one possible...even that one, though, they can probably spot!