Which LV is "the one that got away" - what bag do you wish you had bought???

I saw a thread on here that said, What bag do you regret?, and my answer would be NONE! However it made me think, what bags did I let "get away" and now I regret it!

Okay, here's the list of bags my SA called me and I blew him off. Now I'm kicking myself!:

Miroir Speedy in Gold
Mirage Speedy
And Maybe the Monogramoflage

I was at the LV museum in Paris a few years ago and they showed all their specialty speedys in a row. It was so freakin cute!

So, what bag did you let get away?

wait, excuse me? LV MUSEUM!?!? im going to be in Paris in June, PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE tell me more

and for me its the watercolor speedy, i didnt really "let it get away" because I hadnt started collecting at the time, and didnt know it existed, but I want one so badly and it makes me so mad that it didnt start being made until after I started collecting :crybaby:

I had the cherry blossom papillon in my hands, then decided I didn't need another bag (those were the earlier days) so let it go. Got home, realised what a fool I'd been called the store and they had all gone and never got anymore in.

I have NEVER made that mistake again. If it's in my hands and I'm loving it, then it's mine. :biggrin:

After seeing several of you with the Vernis Bleu Nuit on your list, I feel fortunate to have my Bellevue and Sarah wallet. It's truly an eye-catching color.

My "one that got away" was a Vernis wallet in vert tonic. I bought a Wilshire and the SA warned me I'd regret not getting the wallet. He's right!

And, while I'm new to LV and haven't really amassed a collection, my dream bag that I'd have to buy resale would be a Miroir Alma in gold.

White Watercolour Speedy. I could have bought it in Venice but bought a Mono instead...:cursing: IDK what I was thinking...

And Alma BB... I'd take it in any colour if I could get my hands on one *sigh*

Maybe the roses NF.

Thanks for sharing the pics, ParisLV

Ah you are soo welcome. When I walked out onto a balcony who's pillars and ceiling was covered in LV canvas I almost fell off!!!!!:faint:

Hey I did read in another thread that they are "supposed" to come out with Alma BB in electric....cute!

wait, excuse me? LV MUSEUM!?!? im going to be in Paris in June, PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE tell me more
:crybaby:

I'll answer this in this thread, instead of messaging you, in case other are interested.

LV's Flagship store (on the Champs Elysees) has a museum on the top floor. Not a lot of people know it's there and I've never seen any advertisement or websites about it. I'm not really sure if they restrict entrance to it, but I don't think they do. One year I was buying out the store and the SA took me up. Now I go every time I'm in Paris because it's always different. You never know what you are going to get. The first year I saw it, the pictures I posted, it was all about LV. Then the next few years none of the exhibits had anything to do with LV, but as I said it changes every 12 - 16 months. In 2009 it was vacant and that was the art!!!! One room was full of smoke, others were completely empty and the hallway had this special paint that reacted to your touch. It was all about "getting in touch with your senses". It was silly and IMHO a waste of 20 minutes! In 2010, while in Paris, I got wicked case of food poisoning 2 days before we left. The new exhibit opened one day before we were scheduled to leave, but I was just too sick to go. This store is across the street from my apartment and so you can see it from the balcony. Below is a picture of LV flying a skull and cross bones flag, which was to kick off the new exhibit. I have no idea what this exhibit is focused on, but they had some strange displays in the window, which I wondered if it was a sneak peek at the upcoming exhibit. An example of what they were showing was a stuffed Mickey Mouse toy but ½ of his belly showed his insides… and I mean intestines not stuffing! Yikes! It was weird. Other pieces were sew together weird. Anyway, you can ask about it in the store. You used to access it from the store but now I think the only entrance is through the back. If you are on the Champs Elysees, you walk past the store, toward the Arc de Triomphe and once you pass the building turn left and there's the entrance.

ENJOY PARIS!!!

Attachments

• LV2 - Flag.JPG
    LV2 - Flag.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 246
I'll answer this in this thread, instead of messaging you, in case other are interested.

LV's Flagship store (on the Champs Elysees) has a museum on the top floor. Not a lot of people know it's there and I've never seen any advertisement or websites about it. I'm not really sure if they restrict entrance to it, but I don't think they do. One year I was buying out the store and the SA took me up. Now I go every time I'm in Paris because it's always different. You never know what you are going to get. The first year I saw it, the pictures I posted, it was all about LV. Then the next few years none of the exhibits had anything to do with LV, but as I said it changes every 12 - 16 months. In 2009 it was vacant and that was the art!!!! One room was full of smoke, others were completely empty and the hallway had this special paint that reacted to your touch. It was all about "getting in touch with your senses". It was silly and IMHO a waste of 20 minutes! In 2010, while in Paris, I got wicked case of food poisoning 2 days before we left. The new exhibit opened one day before we were scheduled to leave, but I was just too sick to go. This store is across the street from my apartment and so you can see it from the balcony. Below is a picture of LV flying a skull and cross bones flag, which was to kick off the new exhibit. I have no idea what this exhibit is focused on, but they had some strange displays in the window, which I wondered if it was a sneak peek at the upcoming exhibit. An example of what they were showing was a stuffed Mickey Mouse toy but ½ of his belly showed his insides… and I mean intestines not stuffing! Yikes! It was weird. Other pieces were sew together weird. Anyway, you can ask about it in the store. You used to access it from the store but now I think the only entrance is through the back. If you are on the Champs Elysees, you walk past the store, toward the Arc de Triomphe and once you pass the building turn left and there's the entrance.

ENJOY PARIS!!!

Thank you for responding! Mickey Mouse's insides?? HMM that is INTERESTING lol! I will am so excited to buy from the mothership..hopefully they will let me into the museum

Hmmm...
1. Olympe Nimbus PM or GM (I loved it so so so much when it came out but at the time I was still in my "intro to LV phase" and could never imagine spending that much on a purse!)
2. WC Speedy (Initially I thought it was quite unattractive, but now I kick myself for not getting it as it is one of the most beautiful speedies ever made!)