Which LV for my moms first LV for Christmas?

Hammonsh

Apr 10, 2015
My dad and I are getting my mom her 1st LV for Christmas. We want it to be a surprise so we can’t ask her to pick it out. Which do you think we should pick? We do have a budgetNeverfull mm, NeoNoe, Turenne or the Gracefull? Thank you for your advise and opinions! ❤️

My dad and I are getting my mom her 1st LV for Christmas. We want it to be a surprise so we can’t ask her to pick it out. Which do you think we should pick? We do have a budgetNeverfull mm, NeoNoe, Turenne or the Gracefull? Thank you for your advise and opinions! ❤️

Depends on her taste. Everyone and their mother (no pun intended) has the neverfull. If she’s someone who prefers something not everyone has then I’d steer clear of the neverfull. On another note, think about the sizes of her current bag she uses the most and how much she carries.

Reactions: Hammonsh
She currently carries a MK backpack, but she doesn’t like it because it is so deep it’s hard to find things in it. Before that I believe she had some sort of zippered tote.
You could tell her your friend just got a new bag what does she think of it, and show her one of the LV bags youre considering and see how she reacts! Lol I’m sneaky like that

I’d probably pick the Turenne based on what you said. The Turenne is versatile. It has the option of a strap which my mom (in her 60s) loves for convenience/ hands free casual look. The strap is also detachable and the bag can be carried with the top handles for a different look.

Reactions: Hammonsh
My mom has never like LV Bc the shapes of the bags don’t work for her but the other day we were in the store buying me something and she saw the Neonoe and loves that (and I’ve never seen her carry a bucket bag). It may be worth just taking her to the store with you to browse and ask her to help you choose a bag for yourself... just see what styles she gravitates towards.

Is there a reason that you do not list the Speedy or Speedy B? The Speedy B is the most versatile, and the Speedy in general is just classic, timeless and ageless. If it's going to be her only LV, I would stay away from the Graceful simply because of the folded corners that have had issues. I'm sure she will love whatever you get for her :smile:

My mom and second mom (best friend) both loved the Speedy 30 bag. Louis Vuitton didn’t make it with the strap when they bought them and Imthink the strap would have been a welcome addition. My mon changed styles of bags but loved the designer bags I bought her. I once bough her a floral canvas and leather Gucci bag from a thrift store that was like new and thought she might hate the floral,design and it ended up being her favorite bag.

Lots of questions to think about a bag for your mom.

Size needs, does she carry a lot or a minimum amount.

Handheld or strap, which is more comfortable for her. Some strap handles I hated (Neverfull) and purses Imgot rid of because I just didn’t like carrying them.

Having a sturdy strap is important to me. Also the weight of the bag. I have had bags with hardware that to me made the bag kind of heavy.

Zipper close, open top, pockets? Does she needs separate pockets to,organize her stuff?

Design-we all know about the flaws some bags have like corners that stick pit will have rubbing and wear versus ones protected in the way then are constructed.

Can you just say mom Dad and I are buying you a bag because we cherish and love you but it is also important and for us that you have the experience of picking one out you love and will wear. And we will have it wrapped and put it away until Christmas.

My friends and I have had the experience of receiving expensive gifts that are s not our style or taste. It would be difficult for her to say she doesn’t like a gift from you. Have you also thought of a gift certificate if it has to be a surprise? When you are in the store it is easy to look at things you would never buy, not always because you like them but you can also think why did they make this ugly bag. My friends and I have been amused at some really unique design styles and I guess if one holds the bag to try t on another person can think you like it.

Wishing you the best in whatever you do.

Reactions: Addicted to bags